My first guess? A doo-doo extension. One nice thing about Chrome/Chromium is that built-in task manager that allows you to see what individual issues are clogging up the works. FF does not have that capability, though. So, I start it from the command line to watch for error messages while monitoring FF resource usage Slackware's task manager. It seems that a new update of LastPass is causing some issues. Also, another extension that I had installed called "Disconnect" was generating errors constantly in the terminal.
So, here's what I had to do...
- I removed LastPass and deleted my accounts completely from their site.
- I removed Xmarks (owned by LastPass) and deleted those accounts.
- I set Firefox to use its native password management and bookmark sync.
- I removed the Disconnect extension.
- I added all my everyday-use passwords (forums, boards, other misc. sites) to FF's password manager.
- A much speedier less congested Firefox.
All's well now, I guess...