What is Mozilla's Future

inform

After MS has paid off AOL, which given AOL's 26 billion in debt and Microsoft's 45 billion in cash what other outcome could there have been, where does this leave Netscape and Mozilla?So AOL now has a seven year ride on the IE express and given its problems I don't see it supporting Netscape in the future. Its a division it can afford to lose and save some money; the battles is over it seems. So is Mozilla in a position now to move out on its own without the big brother support?

Guest ThunderRiver

Mozilla hasn't been supported by AOL officially for a long long time. Even before the previous CEO stepped down...Mozilla is on its own, and Netscape won't stay long.. but Mozilla is better than Netscape anyway.

I completely agree it is better. However, Mozilla has long enjoyed funding and development support, first from Netscape, then AOL, and finally AOL Time Warner. All the time it was not required to make a profit. If what you say is true and they are no longer recieving any support then thats great to read. How long have they been out from under the umbrella so to speak? I'm just wondering if these turn of events will impact progress. I'm an avid user of Mozilla and if it came down to having to pay for it to support thr organization I would gladly.