Photo

LXQt in Arch

15 Sep 2018

Posted by raymac46 in Bruno's All Things Linux
Since HJ and I have been playing around with Sparky Linux and I sorta like the LXQt desktop I thought I would try it out in Arch Linux.
All I needed was to install the lxqt group and the oxygen-icons from the Arch repos and then choose LXQt from the menu on the lightdm greeter and I was in business. Loads and runs rapidly here too. It's probably a good choice on this old laptop.

136 Views · 14 Replies ( Last reply by raymac46 )

Photo

Browser for older system

14 Sep 2018

Posted by DarkSerge in All Things Windows
Greetings everyone.

General inquiry of curiosity.

What browser might be good for an older system? I have an older laptop - Windows 10, 2.1 GHz Dual core Pentium x64, 4 GB RAM. I usually switch between Chrome and Firefox depending on what I want to do. Does anyone have an opinions on what's good for an older system?

120 Views · 4 Replies ( Last reply by Digerati )

Photo

WordPress Themes

12 Sep 2018

Posted by raymac46 in Social Media
I may have to get a new one. :'(
I have this simple little blog I write to keep friends and family up to date - Almontage.
If you use WordPress software to write a blog you can have Wordpress host it or you can get your own domain and install the WordPress software there. The first way you have no choice in how your blog looks - Wordpress supplies the theme. In the second case, you can choose a vanilla WordPress theme or install one more to your liking. That is how I handled it and I was happy. The theme I chose is very minimalist - just one column of text - but does what I need.
Now I see the maker of my theme has stopped selling it. That means no more support - but hopefully it'll continue to work with WordPress software updates. They are about to change the whole interface for controlling the blog so we'll see.
I don't mind getting a new theme if I can find one of similar characteristics. I don't need anything complicated as I'm not advertising a product or running a Web store. These themes are not expensive but I need one with long-term support.

188 Views · 9 Replies ( Last reply by raymac46 )

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

0 members, 50 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Google, Bing, Yahoo

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS