Party Central: What is your primary OS?

Corrine

What is your PRIMARY Operating System  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We know that Linux is popular with Highlanders. So, just for fun (no prizes), let's find out what is the primary operating system used by Highlanders.

Post the flavor in the comments.

Guest LilBambi

I voted Mac because my main rig is a Mac and I have the iPhone.

But I am always in one flavor or anther of Windows (WinXP Home/WinXP Pro/Vista/Win7 Ultimate - this is looking for a home - it's retail and the hardware died), and Linux (Debian) as well. Just as much as the Mac really.

So I think I am more OS agnostic .. that's funny! I think some folks have said that of Adam too! ;)

Edited by LilBambi

securitybreach

Of course, Linux is my primary OS with Archlinux as my primary distro on all of my computers. The other machines (tablets/phones) run Android (Jelly Bean).

I do have one small (100gb) Win7 partition for gaming but I keep the nic disabled and rarely boot into it (once every couple of months).

Windows XP and 7.

I tend to learn a new Windows version while falling back on the tried and true to get things done. So I use XP a lot while I learn how to maneuver around in Win 7.

Like you didn't already know this...

slack030813_zpsf22a6037.png

Nice graphics. :thumbsup:

Me main os is Arch on the home pc.

I run Windows 7 on a Raid 0 for gaming.

Raspbian runs on my Pi.

I use Porteus on a usb stick at home and when travelling. Though I have packed the Pi for a couple of trips and will be packing it more often in the future. :breakfast:

• Like 3

You're an OS tri-sexual like Adam, huh?

I resemble that remark... lol

Mac user at home primarily, Windows 7 at work, and linux all over the place. :)

Adam

• Like 1

Primary workstation - ArchLinux

School laptop - Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Windows 7

Other family member's computers - Mepis Linux

Customers Computers - Windows XP, Vista, and 7, a few Macs and Android phones

Edited by amenditman

Hello,

Right now, I am running a mixture of Windows 7 and Windows 8 on my home computers, OS X Mountain Lion on my 13" MBP, and various VMs with Linux in them (Ubuntu, Arch, etc.).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

V.T. Eric Layton

You have an Arch installation, Aryeh? I'm impressed. You MS MVPs aren't such a bad lot after all. ;)

• Like 3

Primary OS: Arch Linux

Server OS: Arch Linux

Rasberry Pi OS: ArchArm

I don't like Arch do I? :hysterical:

Windows 7 and XP for work only

Would you believe I have NEVER touched a MAC? Not knocking MAC at all, the opportunity never presented itself :)

• Like 1

I remember you pre-Arch. What were you running then? Ubuntu? ;)

Started out with Madriva One (KDE 4.3)

Once I realize that KDE was to much for my box of old parts I distro surfed for a while until Security Breach turned me on to Arch once I told you all that I wanted to "LEARN" linux and not just run it. Yeah, it's all his fault. :hysterical:

• Like 2

Would you believe I have NEVER touched a MAC? Not knocking MAC at all, the opportunity never presented itself :)

I'll bring my Mac to work someday, and then you can lay your hands on it and bless it. :D

Adam

• Like 1

I'll bring my Mac to work someday, and then you can lay your hands on it and bless it. :D

Adam

Hahaha Like many people that have switched to Linux, I have heard from those who switched to MAC that they absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!

The cool thing about Macs is that they are built on a unix-like foundation. I can flex my unix/linux muscles whenever I want. :D

Adam

V.T. Eric Layton

I've never set fingers on the keyboard of a Apple or Mac either, that I can remember. It's not by any conscious choice, though. I just never had the opportunity to use one.

I've never set fingers on the keyboard of a Apple or Mac either, that I can remember. It's not by any conscious choice, though. I just never had the opportunity to use one.

I never conciously chose to touch a Mac either. I had a customer who knew I was a Linux user at home and just assumed that qualified me to work on their office computers, PC and Mac.

Well, if you can run linux, you can run most anything...... especially if you run Arch. :)

Adam

Some days I run Arch, others it feels like it runs me. :drooling:
  • Like 1

You just need to see my sig. If it doesn't have Debian under the hood, it doesn't fly. Except maybe in VirtualBox.

Also have Win7 for games, best Windows ever.

V.T. Eric Layton

Arch - the Linux distro created by sadists expressly for masochists. Oh, no... wait... that's Gentoo, I'm thinking of. ;)

*Note: I mentioned Gentoo in a post. trigggl will be showing up shortly. He's almost as dependable as Sunrat is when I use the KDE's name in vain. :lol:

• Like 1