Brainy Quotes

Guest LilBambi

Guest LilBambi

All very good! Thanks for joining in!

dorislessing384119.jpg

Another quote by Doris Lessing:

If you are not familiar with Doris Lessing:

Doris May Lessing CH (née Tayler; 22 October 1919 – 17 November 2013) was a British novelist, poet, playwright,librettist, biographer and short story writer. Her novels includeThe Grass is Singing (1950), the sequence of five novels collectively called Children of Violence (1952–69), The Golden Notebook (1962), The Good Terrorist (1985), and five novels collectively known as Canopus in Argos: Archives (1979–1983).

The Golden Notebook is on my to read list.

securitybreach

when Confucius worked in india (he did as a youth) for a help desk company, Confucius said, sir, that pc would work better if you plugged it in.

Nice one Temmu :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
securitybreach

I am still waiting to see if anyone noticed Walk Whatman. (See post 2 and 3) :whistling:

I did and caught the joke B)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LilBambi

Life is a terminal disease Temmu ... But it is good to learn from the old as well as progress.

Some things are so much better learned from those who have experienced life longer. Wisdom is often like that.

I don't think Steve was speaking of Wisdom but advances of a Technology ... Some of the very old refuse to even use a computer or eBook reader, or other newer technology as is their prerogative, but the world will not progress technologically that way.

Even so, there is much wisdom to be learned from old people ... Old certainly does not mean useless...

securitybreach

1395841006-7531d52b-3c5b.jpg]\

...What country ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure....

http://www.monticell...berty-quotation

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
abarbarian

2azsj9Ol.jpg

As long as I have a sword in my hand and that is very likely, the girls should bring me here. :Laie_95:

Edited by abarbarian