Testing indent

zlim

As per mac's post, i want to test return in Win 7.

This is FF and works fine. I'll fire up IE 10 for a further test. Confirmed it is a problem with the browser not the forum software as far I can tell. My enter key might as well not be on the keyboard because it does nothing. Now I know why I avoid using IE, any version.

Edited by zlim
  • Like 1

As per mac's post, i want to test return in Win 7.

This is FF and works fine. I'll fire up IE 10 for a further test. Confirmed it is a problem with the browser not the forum software as far I can tell. My enter key might as well not be on the keyboard because it does nothing. Now I know why I avoid using IE, any version.

Thanks for checking it out Liz! :thumbs:

V.T. Eric Layton

OK, here I am in Win 7 Enterprise (64 bit) using IE 11. I'm planning on testing the "enter/carriage return" issue that Mac mentions. OK, here we go

Hmm... my Enter key performs fine.

Unfortunately, my entire keyboard started acting wonky after I hit the Enter key and moved down two line breaks. All the words I was typing were being underlined by the spellchecker and keys were erratic.

I have to click somewhere outside of the message input box to make it stop.

STRANGE! :(

V.T. Eric Layton
V.T. Eric Layton

Nothing is fixing this erratic behavior for me. The only way I can get it to stop is the way I mentioned above... by clicking outside of the text box after each Enter key hit. :(

Guest LilBambi

Weird!

Sad too. Some folks have been complaining that Outlook.com was not working right either and may still be wonky.

Pretty sad when their own browser doesn't work on their own website, but Google Chrome works great on Outlook.com.

Occasionally, I will be typing in Chrome and the cursor will jump back to some earlier point in the line, and I won't see it right away. I never had this happen on Firefox. So far, I've only noticed it in OSX, but I don't browse in other OSs nearly as much as I do in OSX.

Adam

I'm typing this while running W7-64 and IE 10.0.10 , usually I use SeaMonkey. Wow, neat, the Enter key doesn't pass on the CR/LF. ooh, it gets better - I can not even past in a CR/LF.

hmm, no, not quite correct. When using right-click the paste option is greyed out, but using ctrl-v works fine. and the paste option is always greyed out even when I selected characters.

so that is one kludge way around the problem. reminds me of those text boxes you get provided on many sites like florists where they tell you no new lines are allowed to be entered.

Occasionally, I will be typing in Chrome and the cursor will jump back to some earlier point in the line, and I won't see it right away. I never had this happen on Firefox. So far, I've only noticed it in OSX, but I don't browse in other OSs nearly as much as I do in OSX.

Adam

in w8 I have lots of problems with the new gChrome deciding where it wants to go. with that and the scroll bar mess and a couple of other hard to fathom UI elements, I have delegated it to the don't use. especially since it did not seem any faster at doing anything at the sites I visited that IE and FF were doing. For personal items I never used gChrome so I don't know how it compares with webmail or bank sites.

I don't think the issue is the host machine software... I'm thinking this must be bugs in the post editor here on the Forums. Some investigation seems to be warranted. I'll se if I can turn something up.

Adam

That's what I mean. It must be the forum software itself, specifically the code that runs the fast reply/post windows on the board. I would not be surprised to find these issues are already logged somewhere with the folks that build the editor. IP.Board wouls simply need to integrate them.

Adam

Guest LilBambi

It worked fine with IE with this very version of the forum software until the last few months. We are not the ones that changed. Microsoft changed IE.

Our version is intentionally not listed.

Edited by LilBambi

We're using IE 10.

I want to re-visit this because I just installed two IE 10 updates on the Win 7 computers. No, it still doesn't work. I installed IE 10 SP1 update 2909921 and another update for IE2909210 and the behavior of the enter key does not change. Clicking it does nothing. Can't find a smilie of head banging on a brick wall. :thumbsdown:

Edited by zlim

Yep, an IE update to 11 it seems. It also breaks Microsoft's own Outlook.com email webmail interface. Not totally, but very annoyingly.

No, it is IE10 as well. read previous posts

IE11.0.96 in W7-32 does

return

the Enter key

BUT typing is an ordeal. like old teletype machines , one character needs to show befor you typein te rst

and NO hhlighting with mouse

Ugh, that was awful, i had to quit the IE11 and return to SM. That was darn close to useless for entering posts. Actually, worse than useless. Warning - don't try this at home. :(

Edited by crp

As a matter for troubleshooting purposes... let's try this with a clean slate. Can you both try with your browsers in Safe Mode- just want to eliminate the possibility of plugins causing issues.

Thanks,

Adam