Photo

Memorial Day

Today, 03:35 PM

Is a U.S. holiday in solemn remembrance of those men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice in the service of their country.

My family has been fortunate that no one on my Dad's side or Mother's side (their parents or brothers or sisters) died in the service, even though all the males served in WWII. Ditto for my wife. Dad did have two cousins who died in WWII. I have ancestors on my Dad's side who fought in the Revolutionary War. And ancestors on my Dad's side and Mom's side who fought in the Civil War, but on opposite sides. Dad was from Swanville, Minnesota, Mom from New Orleans, LA. Among my and my wife's 27 male cousins I'm the only one who served - 1966 to 1973 USAF, spent a year in Viet Nam in 1969. My son and one of the sons of one of my cousins are the only two of their generation who have served.

0 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

Oxygen for GTK 3 in Debian stretch... ?

Today, 01:15 PM

Posted by Dr. J in Bruno's All Things Linux
Hi all...
I had the urge to mess around with KDE themes a bit today, and ended up using Oxygen. 'Tis a great theme, but I came into a curious conundrum trying to set it for GTK stuff. "gtk2-engines-oxygen" is in the repos for Stretch, but the gtk3 variant seems to exist for every release apart from Stretch...

The package from any other release wouldn't install properly (manual download and dpkg -i, also tried with gdebi) due to a missing dependency. I'm wondering if anyone with more experience with in things Debian knows if I can expect it to show up in Stretch at some point.

Regards,
Jay.

14 Views · 2 Replies ( Last reply by raymac46 )

Photo

US 'might' ban laptops on all international flights & TSA

Today, 09:54 AM

Posted by Computerworld in Computerworld News

The US “might” ban laptops from the cabin of all international flights into and out of the US and “likely will” require air travelers to unpack carry-on bags for TSA inspections.

Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly told Fox News Sunday anchor Chris Wallace that the US “might” ban laptops from the cabin of all international flights into and out of the US.

Pressed to reveal more, Kelly added, “There’s a real threat. Numerous threats against aviation, that’s really the thing that they are obsessed with, the terrorists, the idea of knocking down an airplane in flight, particularly if it’s a U.S. carrier, particularly if it's full of mostly U.S. folks, people. It’s real.”

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

View the full article

10 Views · 0 Replies

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

0 members, 52 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Bing, Google, Yahoo

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS