Musical Interlude?

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

I'd like to post another episode of the Restaurant at the Edge Musical Interlude; however, I seem to be stuck in head-banger mode lately. I'm still blasting Pantera, BLS, Motorhead, Slayer, Slipknot, and Megadeth this past couple weeks. I figure you folks probably had enough of that the last time.

Well, feel free to post your own musical interludes.

I'm listening... :yes:

Have a root around and see if you can get us .Joe Cocker . JJ Cale . Van Morrison . :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Country Joe and the :fish:

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Regardless of Dylan's talents and fame, etc., I've just never been a fan of him or his music. I've tried. :(

I much prefer his touring band...

The Band

V.T. Eric Layton

Great movie. I've been looking for something to do tonight. I think I'll go hunt down a streaming site showing that flick. Off I go...

Cluttermagnet

My listening time has greatly diminished in recent years. Never got into the heavy metal much. I kind of burned out on rock back when the Rolling Stones were still big. It's an ecclectic bunch of older stuff that I still like. A recent recurring theme with me is the group Spirit. An interesting blend of laid back pieces and more rock- like tracks as well. I'm looking at their self titled album dated 1973, but I seem to remember it more from the 1977-80 period in my life. Many of those songs burned into my consciousness, evoking many memories of friends and family no longer here...

P.S. Dylan? I liked maybe 5-10 percent of his stuff at best- but a few I really liked. Never the 'typical' stuff, I liked the more offbeat material. One example- "Dear Landlord", a cut on the album of the same title. And "Mister Jones" is a classic from his early emergence. (I may have the track name wrong- that's a snippet of lyric) That one cut fits right in with everything Country Joe and the Fish were doing 'back in the day'...

Edited by Cluttermagnet

Regardless of Dylan's talents and fame, etc., I've just never been a fan of him or his music. I've tried. :(

I much prefer his touring band...

The Band

I liked his early stuff, mainly the acoustic. After that I could take him or leave him. Edited by ebrke

Bob Dylan and The Band lived in/near Woodstock. Concert promoters hoped the cachet of Dylan's name would help ticket sales.

The Band played in Bethel but Dylan went to the Isle of Wight.

Mr.Robert Zimmerman will appear in Cork and Dublin on the 16th and 17th of this month .

Wonder if I can get a second mortgage to buy the tickets.

I wonder if he has any Swiss relations.. mmm!! Zimmerman ?