How to extract sound from PDF document

Ajarn

First, a Happy New Year to all .I have a pdf file , which has to be read with adobe acrobat reader 6.2 or higher .When reading the document, there are some words highlightened , so that when you put the " hand" over it , the " hand" shows a finger.Clicking on that word will produce the word to be spoken.Question: Which program will be suitable to capture and save those spoken words ( any format ).Thank you for your time,and I am sorry, but I am not familiar with multimedia, and only use the defaults which up to now have been good enough.

So far all I was able to find is how to attach sounds to a pdf file:

This is how you do it:Required:1) a sound file in the following formats.wav.wave.aif.aiff.aifc2) Adobe Acrobat Professional (i.e. writer)Instructions1) Click on "Tools" -> "Advanced Commenting" -> Attach -> Attach Sound Tool -> select position in document & clickThis will open up 'Sound Recorder" Dialog BoxAt this point you can talk into a microphone & record your own voiceORClick on "Browse" to attach a sound fileSelect Sound FileSelect Icon to display sound in documentClick 'OK'
Now if you can figure out how to view the source code of the pdf, you should see the actual sound clips and then can move them somewhere to save.

The sound clips are most likely embedded in the binary PDF file. That means there's no [obvious] way to directly decompile and extract autonomous audio files.However, if it comes out your speakers, you can record it (remember that when RIAA & MPAA try to rip your basic computer usage abilities away).You should be able to record it through the StereoMix using sndrec32If you don't know how, try this:Go to Start > Run > type in sndvol32 /r. If you cannot see a slider labelled "StereoMix", go to Options > Properties and scroll through the list to find and click "StereoMix", then click OK. Now adjust the slider to the desired volume and click "Select" by StereoMix.Go to Start > Run > type in sndrec32. Click the record button (the button with the round icon) and then click the word in Adobe Acrobat Reader that you want to record. Stop and recording and mince the recording as desired :DFor a much more robust alternative to Windows' basic audio recording tool, you can try Audacity.

Edited by epp_b

Post deleted because contents were the same as those posted by above poster.mod, can you remove this one?

Edited by striker