Mandtriva 2007 Updates AAAAARRRRGGHH

kamicota

BrunoAfter --->>> You get a box saying "Need to contakt mandriva etc. etc." . . . Say "YES"I get a FATAL ERROR on nluug (1) impoosible TO RETRIEVE ETC ETC ETCColinAnd this is what is still playing in the konsole[kamicota@localhost ~]$ suPassword:[root@localhost kamicota]# mcc[root@localhost kamicota]# GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed at /usr/sbin/drakconf.real line 1471.GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed at /usr/sbin/drakconf.real line 1471.GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed at /usr/sbin/drakconf.real line 1471.GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed at /usr/sbin/drakconf.real line 1471.GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed at /usr/sbin/drakconf.real line 1471.GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed at /usr/sbin/drakconf.real line 1471.GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed at /usr/sbin/drakconf.real line 1471.GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed at /usr/sbin/drakconf.real line 1471.GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed at /usr/sbin/drakconf.real line 1471.GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed at /usr/sbin/drakconf.real line 1471.GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed at /usr/sbin/drakconf.real line 1471.GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed at /usr/sbin/drakconf.real line 1471.GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed at /usr/sbin/drakconf.real line 1471.examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Main (nluug-1).cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Contrib (nluug-3).cz]retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "Main (nluug-1)"......retrieving failed: curl failed: exited with 19 or signal 0

Hi ColinAbout the updates. . . . I maintain those threads ( http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=16612 ) specially to post updates and add notes and warnings if there are problems. I first download the updates on my test-system and see if there are any problem installing them. And so I can warn everybody to NOT do them if there are problems.It would be a good habit to check the thread every time before you do the updating.B) Bruno

Hi ColinAbout the updates. . . . I maintain those threads ( http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=16612 ) specially to post updates and add notes and warnings if there are problems. I first download the updates on my test-system and see if there are any problem installing them. And so I can warn everybody to NOT do them if there are problems.It would be a good habit to check the thread every time before you do the updating.B) Bruno
Speaking of updates...I have not updated in a few days because of the mirror problems...and from what I gather...it looks like theyare putting up "official 2007"...but at this point I am totally lost as towhat is going on and where exactly "official" is.Shortly after official was first forked and there was a symbolic linkfrom /official/2007 -> /devel/2007 ...I did an FTP install of whatI thought was supposed to be "official" (at least the install screensindicated it to be so) but my system was identifying itself as cooker.Got a response on the cooker mailing list...that at one point basically /official/2007 -> /devel/2007 was actually cooker...so I downloaded the official free iso's and installed from there...and now my system identifies itself as official.Now the confusing part...I did not want to update or install any stuff off the ftp mirrorsif /official/2007 -> /devel/2007 was not really "official" but waseither cooker or community.Now the mirrors are a mess and I am going to wait somemore.However, when they do come back up...what exactly is going to be in there /official/2007?It looks like cooker or community to me?from the version file (off one of the mirrors):Mandriva Linux 2007.0 Cooker-i586-Download 20061010 13:37So if I decice to point my sources there (in order to installstuff that did not come with the cd's or I perform an update)just how much "updating" is it going to have to do?Cheers Edited by alphaomega

Just let 'm finish syncing friends, wait until it's all in place. Time enough to play with it, and no need to hurry : servers will be overloaded when all is up there, so why hurry ? :hysterical:

Just let 'm finish syncing friends, wait until it's all in place. Time enough to play with it, and no need to hurry : servers will be overloaded when all is up there, so why hurry ? :hysterical:
I know, I know...I just wanted to make sure (in advance)so that when I did "dip my toes in the lake known as blanche"...I was well prepared for what I was going to get...LOL :hysterical: Cheers

:hysterical: There' s no need to hurry to get it, we do have the best master spy as our main leader on board... he will tell us when, where and how. B) :hysterical:

B) There' s no need to hurry to get it, we do have the best master spy as our main leader on board... he will tell us when, where and how. :w00t: :hysterical:
I'm just hoping it all clears up before the 12th...it has become an annual "gift" to myself for a few years now. :hysterical: