Trouble With Internet Connection

Bastler

Starting yesterday, when I boot up, my Internet browsers -- IE, Netscape and NetCaptor -- can't find an Internet connection.My Internet connection arrives to my computer through a wireless router. The wireless LAN antenna on my computer reports a connection.Using GoBack, I revert the hard drive to a time when I was accessing the Internet OK, and everything is alright.I suspect my computer is updating something -- maybe the Norton anti-virus or a Windows XP update -- that 's causing this problem.Any guesses as to what exactly is causing this?Bastler

It doesn't sound, to me, like it has anything to do with any sort of updating process. It sounds like a hardware problem. If your computer is wirelessly connected to the wireless broadband router, I would check the settings on the router. You may connect to it via wireless, via USB cable, via serial cable, whatever. Check its configuration settings. Also, if you are far away from the wireless router, make sure the antennas are straight up. Obstructions are an issue. Move your PC a little bit. Wireless connections are touchy.You didn't state what version of Windows you have, but if you're using DHCP, you should also release and renew your IP address. Steps for doing that depend on Windows version. So post back and we'll give you those instructions.-- Scot

Internet Explorers settings didn't get changed did they? Check your Lan Settings -- In IE menu bar click Tools - Internet Options - Connections Tab, click on Lan Settings.Check there and make sure you settings are correct