Photo

Backup Media

14 Jul 2018

Posted by ebrke in Hardware
I'm a little embarrassed to ask this, but I'm looking for a better way to back up minimal win7 install (mother's laptop--still using 7 DVDs to back up). A backup file is less than 50 GB in size according to proprietary Lenovo backup software. Could I use a usb flash drive as backup media?

38 Views · 3 Replies ( Last reply by ebrke )

Photo

Linux GPU Gaming Benchmarks July 2018

14 Jul 2018

Posted by abarbarian in Bruno's All Things Linux
The NVIDIA/AMD Linux GPU Gaming Benchmarks & Performance-Per-Dollar For July 2018

In part with GPU demand by crypto-currency miners waning a bit, NVIDIA GeForce and AMD Radeon graphics card availability at retailers has been improving in recent weeks as well as seeing less inflated prices than just recently had been the case. Given the better availability and stabilizing prices, here is a fresh look of the current line-up of GeForce and Radeon graphics cards under Ubuntu Linux using the newest AMD/NVIDIA drivers and also providing performance-per-dollar metrics given current retail prices.

With graphic cards coming down in price I thought this might be of interest.

I noticed a article doing a comparison of eight distros which I found very interesting whilst reading the graphics article.

9-Way Linux Desktop Distribution Benchmarks With The Intel Core i7 8086K

There was also a comparison article with eight distros running as servers. The standout fact from both articles was the performance of Clear Linux which was way faster in many of the tests.

:breakfast:

47 Views · 5 Replies ( Last reply by sunrat )

Photo

Arch Linux - News: libutf8proc>=2.1.1-3 update requires manual int

14 Jul 2018

Posted by securitybreach in Bruno's All Things Linux

libutf8proc>=2.1.1-3 update requires manual intervention

2018-07-14 - Antonio Rojas

The libutf8proc package prior to version 2.1.1-3 had an incorrect soname link. This has been fixed in 2.1.1-3, so the upgrade will need to overwrite the untracked soname link created by ldconfig. If you get an error
libutf8proc: /usr/lib/libutf8proc.so.2 exists in filesystem

when updating, use
pacman -Suy --overwrite usr/lib/libutf8proc.so.2

to perform the upgrade.
https://www.archlinu...l-intervention/

0 Views · 0 Replies

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

0 members, 63 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Bing, Google

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS