4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lewmur

lewmur

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:34 PM

Tried install the new update on three different computers.  All gave an 0x80070057 error.  Found the solution to be disconnecting from the internet as soon as the download has been verified.  If you have already attempted the install, start it again and it will quickly progress through the download phase.  Again, as soon as it goes back to 0% and says it is installing, disconnect.

#2 OFFLINE   Corrine

Corrine

The Mystical Rose

• Forum Admins
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:57 AM

Good tip.  Here's a list of other possible errors & fixes:  Get help with Windows 10 upgrade and installation errors
Posted Image

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

#3 OFFLINE   lewmur

lewmur

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:41 AM

View PostCorrine, on 07 August 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

Good tip.  Here's a list of other possible errors & fixes:  Get help with Windows 10 upgrade and installation errors
Also found that there wasn't enough HDD space on a 32gb tablet for the update.  But downloading and burning the iso on another computer solved that problem.

#4 OFFLINE   mac

mac

Topic Cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:51 AM

I used the procedure from this page: http://www.windowsce...iversary-update Took a little over 1/2 hour, but worked with no problems that I've found yet. I'll give it a couple more days, and then take an image of the O/S partition.
Mac
"Long ago, when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks,
it was called witchcraft. Today it's called golf." -- Will Rogers (1879-1935)

#5 OFFLINE   lewmur

lewmur

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:07 AM

View Postmac, on 08 August 2016 - 09:51 AM, said:

I used the procedure from this page: http://www.windowsce...iversary-update Took a little over 1/2 hour, but worked with no problems that I've found yet. I'll give it a couple more days, and then take an image of the O/S partition.
That is the method that failed for me several times until I learned to turn off the internet connection.  Obviously it does work for most people.  My post was for those that had a problem.

Edited by lewmur, 08 August 2016 - 10:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users