MS Passport users Beware!!!

GolfProRM

GolfProRM

Just read an article about MS Passport and how there was a simple hack that would allow users to take over someone's passport account and change the password. This is crucial information because many users keep personal and even credit card information on this service. This flaw has been fixed, but I'm sure there are many more... Just a warning if you use a Passport/hotmail/MSN account: DON'T STORE INFORMATION THAT YOU WANT KEPT SAFE ON THIS SYSTEM!!! Microsoft Admits Passport Was Vulnerable

GolfProRM
This is assuming that it was EVER safe to begin with....  ;)
No doubt... I'd never trust MS with personal info like a CC number, but I'm sure many people have. Hopefully the word will get out about this so nobody runs into problems.... B)

To this day I have never even signed up for Passport or any service that requires it.....let alone give them sensitive info for safe keeping. That is like giving my dog a half eaten Porterhouse steak and telling him to save it for me for later. B)

brucekrymow
B) So true.After some security problems, I assembled this about a year ago for Microsoft, MSN, & .NET Passport reference and all 3 divisions have failed to provide a proper remedy, refused to give me the SAM keys where this info is stored and inevitably allowed it to fizzle out despite my repeated attempts to get them to admit a problem or provide resolution.                      .NET Passport Exploited Security Weakness

SonicDragon
That is like giving my dog a half eaten Porterhouse steak and telling him to save it for me for later.  B)
LOL. good analogy!

Guest LilBambi

Yep, I totally agree!Good one Stryder!RE: .NET frameworkThe .NET upgrade is still sitting at the WindowsUpdate site and there it shall stay! No .NET for this Win98se system.It is a shame that .NET support appears to come stock with WinXP. That really bugs me.

jbredmound

I have a Passport...I gave as little as possible, some of it bogus. You don't have to be smarter than Bill, just smarter than his stretched out cronies.

when i am forced to fill out forms at websites,it's all bogus.i hope bill gates likes email!  ;)
LOL!Actually my standard email address is a@b.c. You would be surprised how many forms will take that. As long as it has a "@" and a period many think it is legit. I guess I just hate spam and trust the Internet so little that I never leave credit card info on a site where you can retreive it for later.

when i am forced to fill out forms at websites,it's all bogus.i hope bill gates likes email!  ;)
LOL!Actually my standard email address is a@b.c. You would be surprised how many forms will take that. As long as it has a "@" and a period many think it is legit. I guess I just hate spam and trust the Internet so little that I never leave credit card info on a site where you can retreive it for later.
My bogus email addy for forms is no@way.com I hope that they get the point....probably not.

Prelude76

lol about the bill gates commenti do that too! i wonder if everyone does it ;) email: bill@microsoft.comand for the real annoying sites, i stick to lick.me@down.there ;) i know, i know, i'm a kid stuck in an adult's body ;) but so i dont stray too far from topic, remember how bad the original hotmail was at privacy? it showed username and password, unencrypted, in the history's URL text! ;)