backtracing IP #s and Zone Alarm

Sped09

Hi, am new to this forum and have a lot of newbie questions for yall, so hope you don't lose patience with me! I have been using the free Zone Alarm version for years now, and have never had a virus, trojan, worm, etc. (Dial up connection) All of my ports are stealthed, and shields are up. Is there a good reason to upgrade to Zone Alarm Pro?Also, I can backtrace an intrusion attempt using Visual Zone/D Shield, or command prompt tracert, or by using ID Serve. Have, a few times, tried to connect to the port the intruder was using, even tho it would alert him that my computer was there, but never received another intrusion attempt back. I know his port would :blink: not be open, but would happen if it was open and I connected to it??? Thanks, Ann........... P.S. Hmmm, don't know how to get that little Smilie face out of my post!

If for nothing then you could pay for pro version (it's not really expensive) just to reward people that writes good software and giving it away for free B) .