How many PC-hours a day ?

A recent survey showed that Dutch people spend 9 hours a MONTH at their PC. I know that for us regulars here at the forum it´s quite a different ballgame, this makes me wonder: How many PC-hours do you get a day ? Knowing that I won´t get any honest answers on this scary and thought provoking question, I gave this thread the subtitle: Cheating allowed ! B) :) Bruno

Prelude76

about 8 hours each day (work on a PC), so I barely have ambitition to go on computer at home, except to try new software or play a quick game. so, probably about 10 hours a day.weekends, i force myself to get some sun... B)

It varies too much for me to get a good estimate. Some days an hour or two, some days 10 or more. But if I had to guess.....I would say it averages out to be in the neighborhood of 6 to 7 hours. But I have computers all over the house, so I am never far from one.

GolfProRM

Well... figure 2 hours at work using them (not for work B)) And then 3-5 hours at home probably... so looking at 5-8 hours a day... varies quite a bit though!

Prelude76

Scott, dont you feel responsible for all the lost productivity your forum is causing from users that should be working instead? B) oh D***, boss is coming.. gotta skoot......... B)

Prelude76:We´ll send a copy of each and every post you made ( 86 ) to your boss ! B) ;) B) I was wondering about all that daytime traffic. ;) B) Bruno

Prelude76

shhhh, keep it quiet B) ok ok, i'll go wrap up this design i'm dragging out (its not due til 4pm and its only noon here). i'll be back in an hour B)

Guest LilBambi

Well, since I work from home and at client's homes on their PCs, and play on them as well, quite a few actually. Even with all the time I spend away from the computer, we are still talking about 6-12 hrs a day most days.

I gave this thread the subtitle: Cheating allowed ! B)
Gosh, all of you are so honest ! B) B) B) B) Bruno

SonicDragon
Scott, dont you feel responsible for all the lost productivity your forum is causing from users that should be working instead?  <_<
LOL.I'd say 3-5 here.

GolfProRM

Okay fine. if you want the REAL truth, the fact is, I'M A COMPUTER! :)I guess based on that definition, I'm using myself 24/7 <_<

greengeek
<_< Does building and repairing them count as well? If so count me in for 12 hours a day, every day. More soon as I am just starting to teach myself programming.Joy

Well, it´s funny that no one noticed that it is ME the biggest cheater:I did ask you this indiscreet question but never gave the answer myself . . . <_< :blink: :( :( B) Bruno

Scott, dont you feel responsible for all the lost productivity your forum is causing from users that should be working instead? ;) oh darn, boss is coming.. gotta skoot.........    :)
Gosh, now I know what happened this morning. Just as I hit the send button to add my reply detailing my computer use I got the Novell sign of death: Page Forbidden and they shut me down. Actually they told us we could not use ANY bandwidth while they were doing state testing. I just don't understand their priorities. :) Now my usage:6 a.m. - Check weather, e-mail and Missouri news. 10 minutes 7 a.m. - At work. Power up, check forum, e-mail, etc. 45 minutes 7:45 - Coffee break.8:00 Computer on - working on it doing my planning. 90 minutes 9:30 - 3:00 - Computer on - intermitent use while I enter grades, etc. or teaching on computers.90 minutes Lunch break: 12:45 - 1:15 :D 8:00 - Back on computer. Bank statement, e-mail, NC news, forum.60 minutes 9:00 or so. Computer abandoned for a good book.Total computer time: about 5 hours daily (way too much) . :)

1/2 hour - that's my story & I'm sticking to it!  :D
Oh my - look at the time! I've almost used up my 1/2 hour for the day! :)

Guest LilBambi
1/2 hour - that's my story & I'm sticking to it! :D
Oh my - look at the time! I've almost used up my 1/2 hour for the day! :)
LOL! ;) Good one!

So Bruno, you gonna spill the beans about your own usage, or do I have to get LilBambi and Stryder to hold you down by your little wings whilst I tease you with a sardine until you talk?? :D Too many variables to make an intelligent response. Work days, I'm lucky to have 2-3 hours in the evening to get on line. On my days off, I usually log on in the morning and stay logged in all day, checking in or surfing around for maybe 30 minutes every couple of hours. Some days I just can't bear to face a computer. Other days, I can't wait to get on line. Having discovered this forum has changed my habits as well. Less surfing, more posting. So does this answer...wait a minute, what was the question again? :)

At work, I'm logged on for the whole shift, either 12 or 8 hours. (4 days/nights on, 4 off) :D At home, barely have the time to get on-line anymore. Have a 2 year old daughter. My partner works full time also, so we juggle the girl and dog (see avatar) as well as one car. ;) ;) Now that I signed up for this forum, I spend a signifigant amount of my time right here, and following the great links that are posted. and oh yeah. Laughing a lot. :D

So Bruno, you gonna spill the beans about your own usage, or do I have to get LilBambi and Stryder to hold you down by your little wings whilst I tease you with a sardine until you talk?? ;)
Jeber, I´ve got a warning for you: penguins have sharp teeth ! Yummy, sardines and Jeber´s fish(y) fingers :D As for my hours, I practicly live on the forum.:D Bruno

jbredmound

My wife says, "Every waking moment", but it is actually about 30 - 45 min/day during the week, and variable on the weekends (maybe 1 hr/day?). I do get some downtime every now and then, and do a 2 - 3 hour feast on cyber-world.It also depends on the season. I haven't been here in a couple of days because it is planting season, all the grass is coming up, and there are still a ton of things to get ready for spring. Dead of winter, puter time goes up.Hey, last night I fixed omelets for the family...fresh eggs (laid yesterday), fresh chives from the garden, and some of our first asparagus up for the season... the work pays off. ;)

Physically using computer each day...from 4AM until 11PM !!! That includes checking emails, using WinMX, playing games on 3 sites, and 21 Forums! :D ;) B) ...and that's the truth!!! :lol:

havnblast

We use computers at work and our shifts are either 8 or 12 hours so I spend 8-12 hours a day on the computer. Nice thing about the computer at work is that we can use it for almost anything about the only restriction they put on it is chat rooms. We had a past employee get into major trouble with that so they said no more of that.I am glad to hear many spend their time here on the forum, that is what makes this a great forum. The dedication of everyone here keeps this a great place. Of all the forums I am involved in, this forum is by far the best environment I have seen and I hope it stays that way. Usually I see at the other forums a bunch of immature people always wanting attention and will do anything to get it. I spend a lot of time on this forum just reading posts and replying a little bit here and there.

LadyL ... alright. This is close to my schedule, 4AM - 11PM. My workday requires constant PC usage. So that's 9-10 hours right there. Then I get off and start in on the forum, and stuff for me (like shopping, research, writing, etc.). It's easier to answer the number of hours I'm NOT using a computer.You see, there is a computer in every room (well, I'm still working on the basement, but I'll get there).Every other weekend, I don't spend that much time on the PC. Maybe only five hours. But on that other weekend, I'm writing the newsletter.Now you can see why Cyndy adds parenthetical comments, eh?

Scott, dont you feel responsible for all the lost productivity your forum is causing from users that should be working instead?
Tell me again what the downside is ... ? B) -- Scot

Guest LilBambi

Scot --

Tell me again what the downside is ... ?  B)
Good one! B) jbredmound --Fresh laid eggs, fresh chives and first of the season asparagus! Now I am drooling! ;)

As for my hours, I practicly live on the forum.
That explains that little pile of rocks I keep tripping over. :D