Neat Win 7 tweak site

Frank Golden

Frank Golden

I was looking around for a way to add "show\hide hidden files and folders" to the desktop or explorer right click(context) menu.I normally keep these files hidden until I need to access them.I do that often enough that I was looking for a way to show these files without having to go to Control Panel>Folder Options.A person at Win 7 forums posted a .reg file to accomplish something else and a quick peek into the .reg file revealed the author to be Vishtal Gupta.A google search led me to askVG, a site with all kinds of Win 7 tweaks.Right at the top of the site home page was an article to do just what I was looking for.http://www.askvg.com/Check it out.Vishtal has other articles about adding more useful stuff to the context menu.

Guest LilBambi

Yes. both great sites!Would love to see a list of MS MVP sites. I have stumbled upon quite a few that have been extremely helpful. Corrine's SecurityGarden Blog is one! :thumbsup:

Guest LilBambi

Wow, didn't realize they had a page that listed them all like that! :thumbsup: Didn't realize their websites were listed there. Shame it is not searchable by MVP name. Searched for Corrine and got nothing. :(

That's only for MVPs who have their blogs on that community server. Susan Bradley used to have a list of other MVP's sites/blogs listed by technology (Security Garden was listed there) but at redesign, that apparently was dumped.

lol True, but the MVP listing is managed by Microsoft and is in no way connected to http://mvps.org/. There is also a difference between what you see and what MVPs see and also what Microsoft sees as some MVP's elect to hide their profile from everyone except MVPs and others from MVPs as well.

Frank Golden
X Setup Pro has ceased development...and the tweaking tool is now available FREE...Here Ya Go...
Thanks for the heads up.It's too bad that a tech company has to bite the dust but at least they decided to do the right thing and provide their product for free.I use LeechGet Pro for my Download Manager in IE 8 and I paid for a license to the Pro version.About 2 months ago my copy of LeechGet reverted to the free version and any attempts to reinstall my license key failed.Their web site is crippled so I'm assuming they are now defunct since all attempts to contact them (email etc.) have been futile.In this case no attempt by the devs at LeechGet have been made to make this situation right ie: publishing a free key.The big difference between the Pro version of LeechGet and the free version is that the free version only allows a single download at a time.Update: looks like I was wrong about the demise of LeechGet, it appears that they recently released a new version of their product.It has been in a transition stage hence the appearance that their web site was crippled.Anyway my old key works with the new version. It apparently took them awhile to get their act together though a response to my many email would have been appreciated. Edited by Frank Golden

Frank Golden
@Frank:Ever tried Uget? Apparently, there is a Win version as well.
Interesting Urmas and Temmu, But I'll stick with LeechGet now that I have an upgraded Pro version.