windows partition

réjean

Hi all!

Not sure that I am posting at the right place but here it goes.

My 1 TB hard drive died during the holidays but it was still under warranty so I just received a new one for free.

I want to create a windows partition that can be seen from my wife's computer and from Linux. Should I make it a Fat 32 or a ntfs?

P.S. Never mind I found my answer. If an admin wants to delete this thread feel free. Sorry!

Edited by réjean

Hi all!

Not sure that I am posting at the right place but here it goes.

My 1 TB hard drive died during the holidays but it was still under warranty so I just received a new one for free.

I want to create a windows partition that can be seen from my wife's computer and from Linux. Should I make it a Fat 32 or a ntfs?

P.S. Never mind I found my answer. If an admin wants to delete this thread feel free. Sorry!

What for?? I don't the admins really delete threads here. They can hide it from public view - but I have not known them to ever delete a thread. You asked a simple question that's easy to answer but that is not a reason for you to apologize or ask to delete a thread. I would think being here for over 7 years now, you would know that by now.

Edited by Tushman

V.T. Eric Layton

ARRRRRRRRRRGH! WHO POSTED THIS SILLY QUESTION HERE?

WALK THE PLANK, MATEY! WE'LL TIE YE TO A YARD ARM BY YOUR NECK.

ARRRRRRRRRGH!

:pirate:

Oh, wait... that's the reply when I'm posting in that alternate universe Scot's Forum, where the Staff are all jack-booted thugs and assorted meanies.

Carry on... :happyroll:

P.S. NTFS is best. FAT32 has a 4G file size limit. I've actually ran head on into that limit before. I can be annoying.