Microsoft Edge: Did you know about Repair/Reset?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Corrine

Corrine

The Mystical Rose

• Forum Admins
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:58 PM

There have been so many changes and additions to Windows 10, I can't keep track of them all.  I ran into an issue with Microsoft Edge opening the startup tabs but not loading the pages and being completely unresponsive.  After a quick search, I discovered Repair/Reset was added with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709) and it is easy to use.
  • Click Start (Windows icon) > the Settings icon and select Apps > Apps and Features.
  • Scroll down to Microsoft Edge & click it.  
  • Select Advanced options.
  • Try Repair first and if that doesn't work, select Reset.

In my case, Repair didn't work but Reset did.  The only thing I had to do after the repair was to re-activate the extensions.
Posted Image

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

#2 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:25 PM

i would like to use Edge more on my pc, but it is just too slow - and there are still website incompatibility problems.

MSFT really needs to rip Edge out the OS and make it stand alone.

ps: I do use it as default pdf viewer. VERY nice at doing that.

Edited by crp, 10 June 2018 - 07:25 PM.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users