loading personal settings takes a long time

jeffw_00

Hi - I have a WIN XP Home SP3 machine - runs NOD32 continually and Spybot weekly. and for a while now, whenever it reboots, it sits at "loading personal settings" for 2-3 minutes. There's only one active user, and it automatically logs into that account. There's about 3.5GB under Documents and Settings , but the profile is local. Any thoughts about what could be tweaked to shorten this, or what the problem could be?Thanks very much!/j

Edited by jeffw_00

Guest LilBambi

What CPU and how much memory in the computer and what version of NOD32?How many things loading and what are they (on boot)?Those things should help us to understand a bit more.

good point - should have mentioned. I use startup.cpl and almost nothing is loading, and what does load, I can see doesn't start until after the 2-3 minute pause. I just tried it now with all possible TSRs disabled - still got the delay/j

Hello,What sort of connectoion to the Internet does the computer have?I have seen that happen on computers running NOD32 when it goes to check for updates and the network connection isn't up yet. Regards,Aryeh Goretsky

Hello,Can you tell us what it was? That way there will be a record of what the problem was and how you solved it in case any other forum members have the same exact issue.Regards,Aryeh Goretsky

Edited by goretsky
fixed misspelling