Hi, We're Here!

Patrick

How kewl...just like Lockergnome only purple! Good, I need some way to tell where I am. :huh: I can even use the same avatar. Confusion sure to follow. (no really, I like this format. Consistancy between the two forums I'll no doubt spend a lot of time in is a good thing)

*hiding bolt cutters and duct tape*Evil plan? What evil plan? I don't know nuthin' about no evil plan :huh:
And I'm the whiney biatch who will reveal any future evil plans...at a later time...& FOR MY OWN CONVENIENCE! So no talkin' behind my back ya' hear? If ya do, I probably won't realize it and will just have to make something up in order to raise a ruckus. Have a nice day. Mooooo. Hum, I mean Mooohaha...erm...you know what I mean, that evil laugh thingy. :huh:

I'm here too...and I see my g/f Montana is here too... :huh:
LOL, y'all excuse me while I do the little girlie thing and giggle & scream hysterically while jumping up & down in greetings to a friend from another forum far, far away. Well, maybe not that far away...just a page or two back from where I am now. :huh:

Yes...friends from various other Forums gather :D ...of course when one is a subscriber to Scot's newsletter and states that his Forum is open for business...watch out! :D :D :D Now SloHands...you be the same friend from BBT? :ph34r: ...good taste in reading material! :D 3bonkhead.gif

Hey Patrick (and friends)…Now why did you go ahead with the plan??? :rolleyes: I thought we agreed that cutting the cord between Scot’s forum and his host was a bad idea. ;) Scot I’m glad that you have fixed the problem with your web host.

Thanks, Arena2045. :rolleyes: Me too. It was sorta a rough go there. Patrick, Montana, and the whole wrecking crew are good, very good ... ;)-- Scot

Thanks!Listen, I think folks are bridling a bit about the hokey Post Title/Rank names, like "newbie" and "newcomer." I know I'm supposed to be the wordsmith, but I am w-i-d-e open to suggestions from any of you smart ones about how I should rename these doodads.I mean, I gave some thought to Fishy Cool Bird, but decided, eh, mebbe not. Still, I very much appreciated the thought!- Scot

Thanks!Listen, I think folks are bridling a bit about the hokey Post Title/Rank names, like "newbie" and "newcomer." I know I'm supposed to be the wordsmith, but I am w-i-d-e open to suggestions from any of you smart ones about how I should rename these doodads.I mean, I gave some thought to Fishy Cool Bird, but decided, eh, mebbe not. Still, I very much appreciated the thought!- Scot
Well, lol, a new person could be a "Scotie". Then you progress to a "Scotsman". And finally an "Elder Scot". :rolleyes: I personally think you are between a rock and a hard place. When it comes to using those labels, there is no way you will ever please all the people. Maybe their is an option to allow people to choose their own, if that is a direction you want to go.

Guest Paracelsus
Originally posted by Stryder...Well, lol, a new person could be a "Scotie". Then you progress to a "Scotsman". And finally an "Elder Scot". ;)
Being "50-proof" Scots (NO!... it isn't Scotch. That's for things, like candy and Shortbread, not people) myself... I vote for that!!Perhaps something in a different language?Neophyte - LatinNovitiate - FrenchOh!!... Any Trekkies in our ranks know the Klingonese equivilant?? (Though it probably sounds NASTY) :rolleyes:

(NO!... it isn't Scotch. That's for things, not people)
Hey, why d'ya think my name is "Scot"? My dad was 100 proof, making me 50 proof too. "Finnie" is Scots.When I was at PC/Computing magazine, the joke was that if I were ever to develop a theme for myself, it should probably be as a wild-eyed "mad scientist." (I think that might be because I "torture" tested notebook PCs by putting them in hardware store paint can mixers, and stuff like that, but I'm not sure.)So, anyway, we could add that to my Scottish heritage and get:Wee ScottieWild Hair ScotsoMad Hatter ScotsmanandCap'n, I Canna Hold 'Er Any Longer!... eh, mebbe not.Wait, Trekkies? Trekers? Man, I'm confused ... ouch!-- Scot

I have reported you all the the Dept. of Homeland Security. You are obviously terrorists, bent on taking down a free-speech forum that is essential to national security.Just as soon as we have some troops available (you are in line right after N. Korea), YOU ARE GOING TO BE SORRY.can I be sorry with you? i think it would be a "rounding" experience for me. :o ;) :D B) :rolleyes: :blink: :blink: :ph34r:

P.S.I do have the Klinghai font and translation package here. Some of the trnaslations are a bit hard to understand:Newbie...something about a goat.Member...forget it, it's gross.I'm a Scot, as well. Scot, in Klinghai, refers to "guzzler", "golfer", and "danger to all women"? :rolleyes: :blink: :blink: :ph34r: ;) I don't know about the first two, but the third has me pegged. :D B) :o

If a Swede can barge into this string for a quick comment (about the names, not about all you highlanders :D ), I like the simple convention of "member", "moderator", etc. Democracy for all members, and it gets attention if the post is from "the front office". Don't go for Klingon, the pronunciations make my tongue hurt.

Guest LilBambi

I love this topic! Much fun here :D BTW: If a Heinz 57 can also barge in here -- Scotish, Irish, Dutch, French (scotching the french this month), German, English .... and of course, all American :)They say that mutt's have good temperaments :D Hey, ranks are like the weather in Virginia ... keep posting...it will change :D

Yeah, I'm going with the Scots thing for fun, and because both my first and last names are definitely Scots. But my heritage is actually also Irish, English, German and other stuff, including, supposedly, a wee bit of native American. Cyndy is heavily into genealogy, and I'm learning more about my own heritage from her exploration of my side of the family. It boggles my mind when I look at the family tree she put together of my father's line, though. Virtually every generation way back into Scotland is Hugh marrying Mary. I don't know how all these Hughs found Marys to marry, but they did. It's freaky. Thank god somewhere along the way they dropped this requirement to name your first born Hugh!-- Scot

Guest LilBambi
Yeah, I'm going with the Scots thing for fun, and because both my first and last names are definitely Scots. But my heritage is actually also Irish, English, German and other stuff, including, supposedly, a wee bit of native American. Cyndy is heavily into genealogy, and I'm learning more about my own heritage from her exploration of my side of the family. It boggles my mind when I look at the family tree she put together of my father's line, though. Virtually every generation way back into Scotland is Hugh marrying Mary. I don't know how all these Hughs found Marys to marry, but they did. It's freaky. Thank god somewhere along the way they dropped this requirement to name your first born Hugh!-- Scot
I love the Scots thing! It's working :)And glad to hear there are some other Heinz 57's around here :( My father is German, and I do mean 100% ... my mother is the source of the Heinz 57 :D ... Even though technically more German, according to the percentages, everyone said I looked just looked Irish (auburn hair, fair skin and freckles). Of course that was before the premature white really started coming in and there was no point in denying I was going to be totally white-haired by 30. :( (Got that from both sides of the family too ... genetics can be so much fun :( )You certainly look more like a Scot than a Hugh .... can't imagine why :(

My dad was 100% Italian. My grandparents on that side came over on the boat in the late 1910's. Started a small orginization called the maf.....just kidding. But they really did come over on the boat in the 1910's.On my mom's side they are 100% mutt. English, german, irish, spanish and native american. When I was a kid I used to be able to speak italian a little. Well, I understood it better than I spoke it. But have lost that skill as time has went on. But I still speak Irish very fluently!!! :D

Guest LilBambi

HEHEHEHE! :( That's cool Stryder! Families lineage is so much fun!I never learned too much German growing up ... except some funny german language mutilization that my father always played around with like "outen ze light" and stuff like that. He could speak it, but never taught us....not sure why. :D

Mama was 100% German (born there)-both sides of her lineage was German.Dad was American-born (PA.) - Ukranian from his parents. He WAS red-haired with blue eyes (very rare combo for a Ukranian :rolleyes: ...my coloring also).I was born in Germany...my 9 grandkids ( :( ) are :Croatian, Polish (2nd hubby's contribution :( ), Ukranian, German, Black, Irish, English, Native American (don't know which tribe), Scots, and Puerto Rican ! 4 of the grandkids have blue eyes (the 2 girls that are part NAmerican/Irish/Scots...and their twin brothers (different daddy ;) )Irish/English...all 4 have red hair :( ) ! the other 5 (1 girl and her 3 brothers have brown/black hair and brown eyes are Puerto Rican) and my oldest grandson is Black with brown hair and eyes :( !!!Just call us the United Nations !! :( :(