Adblock Plus Is Launching an Ad Exchange

crp

I've been using uBlockOrigin however AdBlockPlus makes a nice browser for Android. I prefer that to Browser (name for Asus included browser), Chrome, Firefox and Palemoon. I hope they don't start putting ads on the browser. <sigh>

I am not anti-ad in total and liked the option of allowing non-obtrusive ads. but setting up their own ad network (irony!) is going too far.

AdLatititude that PaleMoon uses is pretty good.

btw: i also use ad blockers to block non-ads that i don't want to see.

Does this override unchecking "Allow some non-intrusive advertising" in the Filter Preferences ?

If that still works, I don't care if some clueless advertisers are paying.

Edited by Pete!

securitybreach

Does this override unchecking "Allow some non-intrusive advertising" in the Filter Preferences ?

If that still works, I don't care if some clueless advertisers are paying.

Can you trust an adblocking company that decides to invest in ads?

Eyeo GmbH, the company behind the popular online ad blocking software Adblock Plus, said on Tuesday it is launching an online advertising service to help marketers place "acceptable" ads before users with ad blocking technology turned on.

V.T. Eric Layton

What's all the fuss? Just turn the Acceptable Ads off, as Pete mentions above.

https://adblockplus..../acceptable-ads

I've had that off forever. I don't see ANY ads anywhere with Adblock+.

Josh said, "
Can you trust an adblocking company that decides to invest in ads?"

Why not? Adblock has been offering this excellent piece of software for years and never got a dime from most of us. What's wrong with them trying to earn a bit of income to pay their running expenses and maybe putting a few dollars in the pockets of the owners/devs who made and gave us this very useful free app?

I'm not going to panic and dump ABP for other options until I start seeing ads.

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton
  • Like 1

Guest LilBambi

I actually have both ABP and uBlock Origin installed. I have mostly made the switch now to uBlock Origin as well.

After today, I have uninstalled ABP and chose not liking the ad program as the reason.

I have both installed. I find it easier at time when I want to block something specific, if I can't do it in one, I disable that addon, enable the other, and can then block what I want. I've had no problem having both installed and disabling one of them and using the other. My main one has been uBlockOrigin for awhile because my home page loads a lot slower with ABP then uBO

Does uBlock Origin block the "block resistant" Facebook ads as well as ABP?

The local forum where people in my town discussed local issues has nearly been abandoned in favor of Facebook "groups".

Although it goes against my concept of online privacy, I was forced to open a Facebook account, (with minimal personal information).

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

...I was forced to open a Facebook account, (with minimal personal information).

A path I shall never trod. :angry2: I have my principles.

• Like 2

The local forum where people in my town discussed local issues has nearly been abandoned in favor of Facebook "groups".

Although it goes against my concept of online privacy, I was forced to open a Facebook account, (with minimal personal information).

It's getting harder and harder to stay off. My town has a website, but more and more info is going to Facebook. I look at it with my mother's account--I'm still holding out.
  • Like 2

securitybreach

...I was forced to open a Facebook account, (with minimal personal information).

A path I shall never trod. :angry2: I have my principles.

Same here, although I do have a fake account in case I need access.