The Four minute Challenge !!!

abarbarian

abarbarian

We all know that Rodger Bannister broke the four minute barrier for running a mile in 1954. Did you know that it was only in 1994 that a forty year old irishman, Eamonn Coghlan was the first to do the same.

Well this challenge has nothing to do with being over forty or running a four minute mile.

I have been filling in time and keeping the old grey cell in working order by playing against the clock with gnome-mahjongg. I have been attempting to complete the puzzle in under four minutes for every different layout. Today I finally completed the task.

Some layouts were a breeze but one particular layout had me well and truly stymied, the "confounding cross" was darn hard and I thought I would never complete it for a full set.

So are you up for the challenge.

Does your grey cell still vroom vroom or does it creak and splutter.

ZwJHCvb.png

The Challenge

Complete the puzzle in under four minutes for every different layout.

sOW5xdj.png

:whistling:

Edited by abarbarian
  • Like 2

abarbarian

I do like GNU Backgammon.

Me too. We are talking the same game version, GTK version that you can use as a trainer with all the bells and whistles. The pesky thing is really hard to beat but I get a buzz when I do manage to kick it into touch. :breakfast: