Firefox will not open

stvh1

Hi I am a longtime user of Firefox as my default browser.I Love the way it glides over the internet.My problem began when Firefox 2.0 came out.I downloaded it as soon as it came out. I should of waited untill the bugs were worked out. Firefox 2.0 would not open up.So I un-install it.And I start re-installing Firefox 2.0.It stops and a sign comes up telling me the download had to stop because Firefox is still running. I bring up Task Manager and stop it.The download continues,but I still can't see it. Everything else works fine.I have no virus or adware.I am up to date on everthing.I was using the add-on's"Site Advisor"and"No Script".I don't know what to do.I have tried using Firefox 1.5.But I could not see it either and it was running in my Task Manager. Regards stvh1

Guest LilBambi

I haven't personally had a problem with this, nor have nearly all the folks that have installed Firefox 2.0 on their computers, but there was one person who apparently did an upgrade instead of a clean install, that had the same problems you are having.Still didn't work when she uninstalled and installed again. I also sent her to the profile area under Documents and Settings and had her remove the profile since she just got the computer and there wasn't anything there that she really needed.Still she had trouble for some reason, so I sent them the link for Firefox 1.5.0.8 and asked them to totally uninstall Firefox 2.0 for the time being and install 1.5.0.8 until they figure out why some folks are having this problem with Firefox 2.0.Firefox 1.5.0.8:http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.htmlI know that not many are having trouble, but it just makes good sense to wait if there are troubles like not being able to open the browser even after a one or two after clicking on the browser, IF doing what Web suggested doesn't work for you.