Windows 10 upgrade stuck

lewmur

I have a Win 7 laptop that said the Win 10 upgrade was ready. So, I click the icon and get the screen that says the upgrade is ready, but when I click "Continue", I get a screen that says "Waiting on it ..." and nothing happens.

My upgrade went pretty well considering it's Windows. You have to wait quite a while with that "Waiting On It" screen but eventually if you check in the Windows Updates the Upgrade is there ready to install.

After that the Install took about 45 minutes. At first my video resolution was wrong but a restart fixed that. I had to remove and reinstall my BitDefender Internet Security so it was compatible with Windows 10. I also had to reset Chrome as my default browser in Settings.

Otherwise no big deal. The Start menu has some vestiges of the Start screen but at least Windows 10 goes right to the desktop upon booting and looks pretty much the same as Windows 7.

Guest LilBambi

My sister and her daughter in law both got theres with no waiting issues the last couple days.

But my sister's installation is not perfect. She has trouble with network connections (she is wired to the router) to certain areas like the Microsoft store and some other area, both of which seemed to be DRM related issue.

Hopefully that will work itself out.

My above comment was for lewmur and I now realize he hasn't posted. He is probably still watching the WAIT on his computer.

I'll be curious to hear how long he had to wait until 10 installed.

My above comment was for lewmur and I now realize he hasn't posted. He is probably still watching the WAIT on his computer.

I'll be curious to hear how long he had to wait until 10 installed.

I'm still waiting with the screen the says "Working on it..." Luckily its on a laptop that I'm re-building and don't need to use at the moment.