CEO of bitcoin exchange found dead in Singapore

V.T. Eric Layton

I think all deaths are pretty unnatural. :)

Nope, most natural thing there is.

Birth, Life, Death

All part of the cycle we all ride.

V.T. Eric Layton

NO DAMMIT! I'M NEVER GONNA" DIE! NEVER! I'm going to get my brain installed in a T-600 first, and then later, into a more modern version, like the T-1000.

1032513-p.jpg

I'll be a little more handsome than this guy, of course. ;)

NO DAMMIT! I'M NEVER GONNA" DIE! NEVER! I'm going to get my brain installed in a T-600 first, and then later, into a more modern version, like the T-1000.

1032513-p.jpg

I'll be a little more handsome than this guy, of course. ;)

You really should get rid of that fairground mirror you use. :whistling:

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

The thought crossed my mind the other night that hackers ripping off Bitcoin exchanges would eventually screw themselves out of any chance of getting any remuneration for their ill-gotten gains due to the fact that the value of Bitcoins would drop into the cellar with all these collapsing exchanges. So, with that in mind, and being the suspicious type, I think it's the GOV that is crashing these exchanges because they do NOT want anyone using any un-taxable, un-traceable monetary option that they do not themselves regulate and control.

What thing ye about them thar donuts, eh?

• Like 1

The thought crossed my mind the other night that hackers ripping off Bitcoin exchanges would eventually screw themselves out of any chance of getting any remuneration for their ill-gotten gains due to the fact that the value of Bitcoins would drop into the cellar with all these collapsing exchanges.

Aside from MtGox, which exchanges have been collapsing? MtGox was a single instance.

Adam

V.T. Eric Layton
V.T. Eric Layton

iAdam has been kinda' busy lately, so he probably missed these other news stories I posted above. :yes:

Indeed I was somewhat busy. Interesting.

Well, I guess the only real recourse is to make a Paper Wallet. Those cannot be hacked, but they can be stolen.

http://dogecoinpaperwallet.net/

Although, I think anyone who keeps their coins in an exchangeat this point is being foolish. Withdraw your coins to your own computer! It only takes a few moments to do so!

Adam

Cluttermagnet

Agree- with the exception that one substitute "the banks" for 'the gov'n'mnt"...

:medic:

The thought crossed my mind the other night that hackers ripping off Bitcoin exchanges would eventually screw themselves out of any chance of getting any remuneration for their ill-gotten gains due to the fact that the value of Bitcoins would drop into the cellar with all these collapsing exchanges. So, with that in mind, and being the suspicious type, I think it's the GOV that is crashing these exchanges because they do NOT want anyone using any un-taxable, un-traceable monetary option that they do not themselves regulate and control.

What thing ye about them thar donuts, eh?