#1 OFFLINE   Eagle

Eagle

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:16 PM

Hi all,
Turned on the Linux Mint 17.3 this am and Thunderbird wants me to start a new account. After looking around thunderbird everything is gone. By that i mean address book, and all emails are gone. Its like starting all over.
I think its corrupt but how i have no idea because nothing strange has happened.
Thanks,
Eagle
Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.

#2 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:38 PM

No backup? Did you try a system wide locate for "Inbox" and/or "Trash" ?
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

#3 OFFLINE   Eagle

Eagle

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:51 PM

Hi crp,
By backup do you mean system backup or backup of adresses?
No system backup but yes i do have addresses backed up.

Did you try a system wide locate for "Inbox" and/or "Trash" ?
Dont know how to do that.
Eagle

Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.

#4 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:55 PM

Have you tried in the toolbar "Help" and then "Troubleshooting Information", then under Application Information find Profile Directory and see if you get any response when you click "Open Directory". I'm just hoping maybe the info is still there.

Also, maybe try "Help", then "Restart With Addons Disabled" just to see if that gets you anywhere.

Edited by ebrke, 15 October 2017 - 05:58 PM.

Registered Linux User 344759

#5 OFFLINE   Eagle

Eagle

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:55 PM

hi ebrke,

Have you tried in the toolbar "Help" and then "Troubleshooting Information", then under Application Information find Profile Directory and see if you get any response when you click "Open Directory".
I went through Help and no Troubleshooting and no Profile Directory.

Also, maybe try "Help", then "Restart With Addons Disabled" just to see if that gets you anywhere.
This also is not there.
I have no idea what has happened.
Thanks,
Eagle

#6 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 10:11 PM

View PostEagle, on 15 October 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

Hi crp,
By backup do you mean system backup or backup of adresses?
No system backup but yes i do have addresses backed up.

Did you try a system wide locate for "Inbox" and/or "Trash" ?
Dont know how to do that.
Eagle

if you don't know how to use the console , there should be a system menu option from the gui to search for files.
oh, and setup a system backup before something else happens.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

#7 OFFLINE   Eagle

Eagle

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 10:33 PM

Hi crp,
I right click the toolbar (panel) and select Help. I then type in the key words Troubleshooting Information or Application Information or Profile Directory and i get "No matching help pages found in “Desktop User Guide”.
I must be doing something wrong?
Thanks,
Eagle

#8 OFFLINE   Eagle

Eagle

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

Hi all,
You can close this thread because ive formatted and reloaded Mint 17.3 and all works fine.
Thanks for your time,
Eagle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users