#26 OFFLINE   DarkSerge

DarkSerge

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:26 PM

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on Dec 6 2009, 03:23 PM, said:

Nice! Is the old Gateway the one you installed Zenwalk on?
yeah. the computer system is an old Compaq, the monitor is a 15" Gateway
~DarkSerge

#27 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,009 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:58 PM

Ah! COOL! :whistling:

#28 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,198 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:37 PM

Posted ImageHere's my main setup. This is a Dell Optiplex GX620 that dual boots Windows XP and Mandriva 2010.Posted ImageThis is my secondary unit. It's a clone with an AMD X2 4600+ that runs Ubuntu 8.04.
Posted Image

Registered Linux User 445659

#29 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,009 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:52 PM

Compact and neat, Ray!  :thumbsup:

#30 OFFLINE   cybormoron

cybormoron

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:08 PM

hi folks...just thought i'd drop in and say howdy do. howdy do! for the past few weeks i've been pressing my nose to the grindstone trying to clean up and organize my computer. it's really an unorganized, messy, eight year collection of files and quite a daunting task going through thousands upon thousands of files and hundreds of cd/dvd's but i'm making good progress. i've had to actually pull the plug on the internet so i could stay focused. i'm doing so well that i thought i'd come up for air and post something. here's an oldie i found.let me explain what's going on in the pic. this is my dual monitor setup in the corner of the basement. i've since replaced one of the screens with a wide screen. the time is 2:00, most likely AM. i sit here sideways with my feet propped up and my right arm on the desk. the mouse is elevated to reduce wrist strain. this works so well that i can sit for hours without moving. sometimes i just doze off for a half hour or so. i've had to learn to keep my hand off the mouse if i do fall asleep lest i click something i don't want to. the keyboard is in an awkward place but i couldn't type anyway so i got by with one finger hunt and peck. i've since found a stand for the mouse so i could move the keyboard directly underneath. my typing has improved somewhat. i use two fingers now. notice the be-boppa-rebop rhubarb pie.Posted Image

Edited by cybormoron, 02 July 2010 - 08:14 PM.

steve
I'm a pc, running GNU/Linux.

#31 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,787 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

I thought I would post a pic of my main machine on my new desk. I also have 4 other desks in my room with 7 computers in total--3 laptops, 2 desktops, N810, and a netbook. My N10 is also on the desk to the left of the monitors.  I  also have 4 more security monitors besides the one in the pic but the others ones are color. There is not any crime here but it is nice to be big brother sometimes  :thumbsup: Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#32 OFFLINE   cybormoron

cybormoron

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:05 PM

did you see who showed up as a related image? http://img33.imagesh...p...;ci=-1&rt=3i see ye be flying the jolly roger. i have a huge folder full of jolly images.  :thumbsup:  nice setup.p.s. how come you started using imageshack?

Edited by cybormoron, 02 July 2010 - 11:07 PM.

steve
I'm a pc, running GNU/Linux.

#33 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,787 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:08 PM

View Postcybormoron, on Jul 2 2010, 11:05 PM, said:

did you see who showed up as a related image? http://img33.imagesh...p...;ci=-1&rt=3i see ye be flying the jolly roger. i have a huge folder full of jolly images.  :thumbsup:  nice setup.p.s. how come you started using imageshack?
Cool :thumbsup:

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#34 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,787 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:11 PM

I used imageshack because imagebam was down at the time. Its back up now.

#35 OFFLINE   trigggl

trigggl

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:01 AM

Posted Image Posted Image I'll bite, no pun intended.  My desktop showing Frank's desktop, complete with Chelsea my dog.  On the right is the Dell dual core running Gentoo Linux with a backup boot of Ubuntu 10.4 LTS (which never sees the light of day).  The black one on the left is "ibm_left" which is an IBM powerpc64.  It's a slow machine which is running Gentoo Linux, of course.  It actually runs better with no video card, but I have it hooked up to one anyways.  The monitor switches between them, but I rarely switch over to the IBM.  Typically, I just ssh to it.  I have both of them running boinc.
Greg

#36 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,787 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:48 AM

Nice setup Greg.

#37 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,787 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:59 PM

Updated shot:   I just got my new camera and got a third monitor a while back so I thought I would post another pic. Hopefully it may generate some more "real" desk shots. This is my main computer desk (I have 3 desks full of machines):Posted Image Posted Image

#38 OFFLINE   SueD

SueD

Posting Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:04 PM

With all that hardware, it's still the cleanest desk I've ever seen!LOL
Sue
Registered Linux User #433538
A life? Cool! Where can I download one of those?

#39 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,513 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:04 PM

Hey nice Desktop :thumbsup:What'cha reading on the Nook?
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#40 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,787 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:12 PM

View PostLilBambi, on Sep 14 2010, 01:04 PM, said:

Hey nice Desktop :thumbsup:What'cha reading on the Nook?
I am currently reading:The Shadow Factory by James Bamford http://www.amazon.co...a/dp/0385521324  and For the Win by Cory Doctorow http://www.amazon.co...p...4140&sr=1-1Yes, I multitask with Books as well.  :thumbup:

View PostSueD, on Sep 14 2010, 01:04 PM, said:

Thanks!!  Although, I did straighten it up a tad before taking a picture.

#41 OFFLINE   striker

striker

handyman

• Honorary Moderators
  • 8,504 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:55 PM

How's your desk looking Sue?@Josh: What's the power consumption of all this gear? :thumbup: Now serious... It sure looks very good. Now I wonder, I see a mouse and a trackball. What are you using the most Josh, any preference and why? I'm thinking about changing from mice to trackballs because all three of those creeping peeping fellas over at my desk are starting to wear out and need to be replaced soon.
Striker
still the same...

#42 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,787 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

View Poststriker, on Sep 14 2010, 01:55 PM, said:

@Josh: What's the power consumption of all this gear? :D Now serious... It sure looks very good. Now I wonder, I see a mouse and a trackball. What are you using the most Josh, any preference and why? I'm thinking about changing from mice to trackballs because all three of those creeping peeping fellas over at my desk are starting to wear out and need to be replaced soon.
I have no ideal how much power is being used. It is probably a lot considering I have 7 computers/laptops/mobile devices running at all times. As far as the trackball, I got one a few months ago and I am pretty happy with it. I find it is a lot easier to move across multiple monitors with a trackball instead of a mouse. A simple flip of my thumb and the cursor flies across the screens. So for me it seems to be a lot faster and efficient. The only gripe I have is that takes some getting used to using the trackball to select text. I originally got the ideal of using a trackball from Eric. He has been using one for years and said he found it easier to use. So I bought one.

#43 OFFLINE   striker

striker

handyman

• Honorary Moderators
  • 8,504 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:01 PM

Thanks Josh. I think I maybe open up a new topic about this later on. (mouse vs trackball)
Striker
still the same...

#44 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,787 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:01 PM

View Poststriker, on Sep 14 2010, 04:01 PM, said:

Thanks Josh. I think I maybe open up a new topic about this later on. (mouse vs trackball)
Sounds good :D

#45 OFFLINE   sunrat

sunrat

Thread Kahuna

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,235 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:36 PM

View Postsecuritybreach, on Sep 15 2010, 06:01 AM, said:

Sounds good :D
Very nice SB. I may have to think more about upgrading my 19 inch 1280 x 1024 monitor soon. :)
registered Linux user number 324659  || The importance of Reading The *Fine* Manual! :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageKXStudio
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.

#46 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,787 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:16 PM

Thanks Sunrat

#47 OFFLINE   SueD

SueD

Posting Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:31 PM

View Poststriker, on Sep 14 2010, 12:55 PM, said:

How's your desk looking Sue?
Just a wee bit cluttered...and dusty. Oh, and I just noticed a water spot from my glass. I guess I should get to cleaning it, eh?
Sue
Registered Linux User #433538
A life? Cool! Where can I download one of those?

#48 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

http://imgur.com/BoTj8.jpgHere is mine. What can I say it is summer after all. An yep I should have taken a pic with a penguin on screen, but my defence is , I was in a rush and it is a dual boot machine. :P Now autumn is here I may be able to get round to that Arch install  :rolleyes:
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#49 OFFLINE   trigggl

trigggl

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:46 PM

View Postabarbarian, on Sep 17 2010, 03:28 PM, said:

http://imgur.com/BoTj8.jpgHere is mine. What can I say it is summer after all. An yep I should have taken a pic with a penguin on screen, but my defence is , I was in a rush and it is a dual boot machine. :P Now autumn is here I may be able to get round to that Arch install  :rolleyes:
Obviously you misunderstood when somebody told you to put in a window. :rolleyes:Side note: My boss had a P4 3.0GHz he was throwing away.  It used to be one of our work computers, but the company was upgrading.  Anyways, he decided to get a laptop for home and decided it was time to clean out the garage.  Fast forward to about two weeks ago.  My wife and I were browsing around Goodwill when I noticed A) a bowling ball that fit me perfectly for $6 and ;) a nice computer desk for $16.Long story short:My wife now has her own computer and desk on the other side of the home office.  I may try to piece together a panoramic later.

Edited by trigggl, 17 September 2010 - 07:52 PM.

Greg

#50 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,787 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:52 AM

View Postabarbarian, on Sep 17 2010, 04:28 PM, said:

Thats pretty cool you have a lamp hanging upside down :thumbsup:Looks nice.  BTW, what is that white "box" with the blue on the front under your clothes and next to your powerstrip?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users