Interesting Stuff You Saw on the I-net Today

crp

This Incredible Dragon Bench Was Carved Using A Chainsaw

Chainsaws and art might not exactly seem like the best match at first glance, but Igor Loskutow blends them with finesse. He was born in USSR-administered Tallinn (now the capital of Estonia) and currently works in Bad Dürrheim, Southern Germany, as a Husqvarna representative and wood carving instructor. Since 2006, he has received more than a dozen accolades for his work, including a first-place ranking at the prestigious Fasna Carving Festival in the Netherlands in 2009.

wood-chainsaw-carve-dragon-bench-igor-loskutow-11-59a69ca3cb8f0__880.jpg

:breakfast:

• Like 3

I was watching a 4K video that had a few owls in it and one them got caught blinking a few times.

And I went "Whoa!" it was something I had not seen in HiDef.

So I looked it up and sure enough i was not imagining,

http://facts4kids.blogspot.com/2012/06/why-do-owls-have-three-eyelids.html

and a more intense show-and-tell : https://www.owlpages.com/owls/articles.php?a=5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
V.T. Eric Layton

Yup. That's not far off in the U.S., either. One day soon, there won't be any over-the-air broadcast TV or radio. It'll all be Internet streaming or cable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aptly named thread..... I can not see any of Roberts posts on this page ..... they are all blank ..... can see al posts from every one else. :hmm:

Are you using a script blocking add-on?

I didn't look at all Robert's posts, but at first, his last one looked blank.

After I told "NoSctipt" to allow youtube, I could watch the video he posted.

Edited by Pete!
  • Like 1

Aptly named thread..... I can not see any of Roberts posts on this page ..... they are all blank ..... can see al posts from every one else. :hmm:

Are you using a script blocking add-on?

I didn't look at all Robert's posts, but at first, his last one looked blank.

After I told "NoSctipt" to allow youtube, I could watch the video he posted.

Yer a genius. I totally forgot about NoScript. Click click and I can see the vids. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rats as mine detectors

After observing the negative impact landmines had on farmers in Africa, Bart Weetjens came up with a novel and cost-effective way to address the issue: teaching rats to detect them.

Bart Weetjens always adored pet rats as a teenager. He would breed them and sell them to pet stores. Little did he know that this teenage hobby would go on to inform his entire career.

• Like 1

Rats as mine detectors

After observing the negative impact landmines had on farmers in Africa, Bart Weetjens came up with a novel and cost-effective way to address the issue: teaching rats to detect them.

Bart Weetjens always adored pet rats as a teenager. He would breed them and sell them to pet stores. Little did he know that this teenage hobby would go on to inform his entire career.

Must give it a try. :D