Microsoft Action Pack woes.

nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers

Sorry can't put the real word in my post this is a family board. :rolleyes:[rant on]I like many tech's have a Microsoft Action Pack. This is a bundle of NOT-FOR-RESALE Microsoft products that let you get copies of much of the Microsoft Product line (I'd guess about $70,000+ value) for about $300/year. All the big server products and office and XP a lot of goodies. If you a tech and service PCs for a living you are nuts not to own this.Well I've had this for several years. Last year in January I tried to renew and had problems renewing the subscription. The renewal codes they gave me didn't work calls to the help desk got unresolved and the action pack elapsed. Well a couple of months went by and finally in late March they call me up asking why I had not renewed. I gave them the whole line about how much trouble I had had to renew and they finally by phone got my back on the subscription list. Well I get billed for this about April 1st and all it's back as it should be.Ok so I get a renewal notice for my subscription not in late march but now. Ok so I'm steamed that they can't seem to give me a year of service before they want my money again. Well I call the help line and am unable to convince them of the need to change my subscription date to April 1st. I give up and try to go online and renew.Guess what. It AGAIN will not renew me online. So once again I call up the help desk and I am getting the run around. By GOD I going to get this thing resolved and either way you guys are going to get front row seating for the fight. It's the WWF tonight on Scot's Newsletter. "Nathan the geek. vs. Bill the Borg"Round one.[rant off]

Guest LilBambi

Way to go Nathan! Don't let them get away with giving you all this trouble again! Just so you can promote their products by being proficient at them through this 'offering' of theirs and keeping their customers happy as well as your own.hmmm, somehow that just seems amazing to me....can't they get anything right!

RichNRockville

I had exactly the same problem with my Action Pack subscription. They started out by giving me two "User Numbers" and I evidently picked the wrong one to renew.With the two options for renewal, one being more expensive as it included something I did not want and the 2nd being the one I really wanted.I kept getting dunning notices to renew and I just ignored them as I had a confirmation message and my credit card was charged.They sometimes offer a discount for renewing early. The subscription is a 1 year Jan to Dec type so joining in the middle of the year is not cheaper. They ship a full package in about april and then updates. To digress, I also had to do a LL routine to finally get it all straightened out..(LL = Land Line or POTS or plain or voice telephone) :D PPS: I also have found local computer shows with vendors selling the contents of Action Packs in violation of the rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Show me me any online ordering system where there are no glitches. It happens. I have two Action Pack subscriptions and renewed them both in Dec. without issue. The Jan 2004 updates are shipping this week.

nlinecomputers
Show me me any online ordering system where there are no glitches. It happens. I have two Action Pack subscriptions and renewed them both in Dec. without issue. The Jan 2004 updates are shipping this week.
This is the second year in a row I've gone through the same issues. One time is a bug. The second item, a year latter, it is a disreguard for your client base.

• 1 month later...
nlinecomputers

Remember this topic.Yesterday the big brown truck arrives and I FINALLY get my Action Pack update. Geez this sucks. :rant:Reread the thread, I'll wait..... :P Done. OK. Round 1 had me trying to get them to set my renewal date to Apr 1st as that was the last time I was charged to renew my subscription for 2003. It is now 2004 and I got hit in Jan to renew a years subscription only in 9 months. Basicly that issue I lost on. Round 2: I was told that I mearly had a delay in billing but my subscription was still active from Jan 2003 even though I had not paid until April. Fine but I never got the Jan 2003 update because my subscription lapsed. They were unwilling to send me my missing update nor were they willing to move my subscription to April. I was told that I was given the renewal price and not the new subscription price so stop your whining. Ok fine so I gave up on that and was able OVER THE PHONE to pay for the renewal.Round 3: That was in the first week in Feburary. Note that Marsden11 stated up thread that the Action pack updates for 1st quarter 2004 had shipped the week of Feb 4th? It took 3 different emails with promises to ship it and then they finally ship a replacement Action Pack update. :medic:Did anyone else have this much trouble? Or I am on Bill Gates s*** list? :blink: :D :P

Sorry to hear of yur Action pack troubles. I have two subscriptions myself and re-newed them both in mid Dec 03. Even though The MS Partners website stated they would only ship a single subscription to any address; I got both of mine without issue.I guess this is just one of those clasic YMMV deals...

• 9 months later...
nlinecomputers

It's back. Time to renew my action pack. I really must be on Bill Gates black list. I got a few day ago my renewal notice in email about my action pack. So I logon to the site and try to order the update.I enter my first name and my last name and my action pack number.I promptly get this error:

There are no active subscriptions matching your details. Please re-enter and try again. If the problem persists, please contact your Customer Services representative.
Seeing how every year that I've had one of these packs I have **** getting it I thought it would be amusing to renew this thread.Stay tuned. :happyroll:

Not sure what you are doing but when I renewed both of mine (Dec 20th 2004), I got seperate emails for each one and all I did was click on the link, paste in the subscription number and up came my information. I only have to choose the subscription level and form of payment. I renewed them one at a time even though the website said that they will only ship ONE Action Pack to a single address. They have said that for two years now and I still get my two subscriptions. I'm using the Passport system so my info comes up automatically. Takes all of 3 minutes per and it's over.I also had two badly scratched CDs replaced in less than a week...

It's the WWF tonight on Scot's Newsletter. "Nathan the geek. vs. Bill the Borg"Round one.
Ding Ding Ding! :DPerhaps this slogan would suffice :wacko: "How can we screw you today?"

nlinecomputers
Not sure what you are doing but when I renewed both of mine (Dec 20th 2004), I got seperate emails for each one and all I did was click on the link, paste in the subscription number and up came my information. I only have to choose the subscription level and form of payment. I renewed them one at a time even though the website said that they will only ship ONE Action Pack to a single address. They have said that for two years now and I still get my two subscriptions. I'm using the Passport system so my info comes up automatically. Takes all of 3 minutes per and it's over.I also had two badly scratched CDs replaced in less than a week...
_I_ am not doing anything. I've had trouble for the past 3 years now renewing this. There database is f____ed up. I was able to order today and online. But only after they sent me the proper user name.On every email that MAPS@microsoft.com sends to me my name is Listed First name:Nathan Last Name: Williams On all letters, printed material, etc it is so.On the ONLINE order form I have to enter as a first name: NATHAN LEEand as a last name: WilliamsNote the case of the letters and the two words for my FIRST name.I don't recall giving them my middle name and even so I wouldn't use all caps on one name field and not the next and I certainly would put two names in a one name field.And even if I did can't the stupid SQL server that is running this parse this correctly? Sloppy programing.