Any Netscape Users????

Liz

Hi!I'm using Netscape 7.02 (the sillydog "streamline" version). I have the popups set to "suppress," and have removed all "exceptions."But each time I bring Netscape back up, the "exceptions" are back again. Anyone know how to get them to go away and stay away???TIA,Liz

Augh, Netscape - I use to love netscape back in the 3.0 Gold Edition, it was the best browser and now it just plain sucks. I use Mozilla with RedHat and I am so glad they dumped netscape. You may want to try Mozilla for windows.Just an idea

Guest ThunderRiver

If you are a Netscape user, I recommend you to switch to Mozilla 1.3.Netscape is nearly a dead project by AOL, and they alraedy publicly announced the plan to discontinue the development of Netscape. Thus, it leaves Mozilla surviving on its own.I personally have found quite some success with Mozilla, and its pop up stopper works great, but doesn't stop java pop up for me. So my solution is to use Mozilla now, instead of being forced later.

Oh I really dont think I will switch from my netscape 7.2. No definetly not . It has a pop up stopper as well that I like . It has tabbed windows as well which are very nice. The on going saga of oh netscape is dead, its to be discontinued has plagued all netscape users since 4.7. So I dont think I will worry anytime soon about it disappering. With the release of 7.01 and 7.02 they have brought back a very nice browser after the fiasco of 6.0. It seems to me as fast as IE 6 and it isnt riddled with security issues like IE. As for Mozilla well i havent tried it yet Why? because I like 7.02

Guest ThunderRiver

okay, well, just a suggestion that's all.In fact, Netscape 7.02 is based off Mozilla 1.0.2, so if you want the latest feature, Mozilla is the way to go. If you like the CNN news and AIM integration, of course, Netscape is the way to go then.Quote from mozilla.org

Netscape releases Netscape 7.02Netscape Communications Corporation has released Netscape 7.02, a minor update with security and stability fixes. This new version, is based on Mozilla 1.0.2, also features updated Java and Flash plug-ins for Windows.

Ferrit,If you go to preferences|privacy & Security|Popups, you will see that you can say either "allow all EXCEPT"or "stop all EXCEPT."If you select the stop and then click the "exception" button, you'll see a list of sites where popups WILL be allowed. I then click "remove all," and they're all gone . . . until the next time I load Netscape. Then they're all back again.I want to get rid of that list FOREVER!! and never have to "remove all" again.Did I make this clear or confusing?And I'm not getting rid of Netscape right now either, although I have played with Mozilla in the past and quite likely will do so again!Thanks for any suggestions you may have.Liz

:) someone owly?ThunderRiver is correct he/she was just trying to offer you some good advice. Take the advice and do what ya want with it and continue doing what you prefer. One never knows with the internet, things change over night.Peace :)