On a PC:
1. Open any Office 2016 app, such as Word, and create a new document.
2. Go to File > Account (or Office Account if you opened Outlook 2016).
3. Under Product Information, choose Update Options > Update Now.
Note: You may need to click Enable Updates first if you don't see the Update Now option right away.
4. Close the "You're up to date!" window after Office is done checking for and installing updates.
You can also use the Update Options button to Disable Updates or to View Updates that were previously installed.
1. Open any Office 2013 application, such as Word and create a new document.
2. Click File > Account (or Office Account if you opened Outlook 2013).
3. Under Product Information, choose Update Options.
4. Click Enable Updates if the option is available.
5. Choose Update Now to manually check for and install Office updates.
6. Close the "You're up to date!" window after Office is done checking for and installing updates.
1. Open any Office 2010 application, such as Word 2010 and create a document.
2. Go to File > Help > Check for Updates.
3. Choose Install Updates or Check for Updates. If neither option is available, follow the additional steps provided in the pop-up window that appeared after you chose Check for Updates.
1. Open any Office 2007 application, such as Word 2007 or Excel 2007, and create a document.
2. Click the Microsoft Office Button Office button image > Options (in Word, for example, it's called Word Options).
3. Click Resources from the list on the left, and then choose Check for Updates.
Note: If the steps above don't work, go to the tab titled Microsoft Update and choose Install to update through Windows.
Important: Office 2007 reached End of Life on October 10, 2017.
Support has ended for Office 2003.
On a Mac:
Set up Microsoft AutoUpdate
1. Open any Office application such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Outlook.
2. On the top menu, go to Help > Check for Updates.
Important: If you don't see Check for Updates on the Help menu, download the latest version of the Microsoft AutoUpdate tool from https://support.micr...-us/kb/3133674. Run the tool and then start over at step 1. The Check for Updates option now appears on the Help menu.
Help > Check for Updates
3.Under "How would you like updates to be installed?", select Automatically Download and Install.
Note: If you want to manually check for updates choose Manually. If you want to be notified of new updates but not apply them automatically, use the Automatically Check setting.
4. Click Check for Updates.
If an update is available for your version of Office, you'll see a link to a website with more information about the update.
How to: Install Microsoft Office Updates
No replies to this topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users