LogmeIn free no more

crp

As of January 21, 2014, LogMeIn Free will no longer be available. To continue using remote access, you will need to purchase an account subscription of LogMeIn Pro.

A new Pro account includes our signature remote access with premium features like remote printing, file transfer and cloud data access, plus desktop, iOS and Android apps to improve your experience.

Yepp , no advance notice.
  • Like 1

Yeah, I don't want to punch another hole in my home router if I can avoid it.......

Does SkyFex require a port open?

Adam

yes, of course it does :devil:

, to answer your real question I don't recall having to do anything to allow firewalls to let them through.

If you end up having to pay for one, Citrix's GoToAssist, or GoToMyPC might be an option as well where you don't have to worry about ports.

Yeah.. NAT traversal is the preferred solution.

So LogMeIn is charging 50.00 per year for two computers. I access at least five, so that is 120.00.

Pricey........

Gotomypc is even more expensive.

Hmmmm......

Adam

$120 a year is pricy but Citrix GoToAssist is $79/mo. ;)

But don't have the PC limitations.

GotToAssist offers a lot more than LogMeIn but the other features are not intended for home use

Yeah, GoToAssist would not work for me. I do use remote support type tools every once in a while, but I am looking for something that would allow me to remotely access my computers, VNC style, without anything being touched on teh remote machine. LogMeIn and GoToMyPC are perfect for this, but prohibitively expensive now.

I could see maybe 30.00 per year being doable, while only being allowed to access one at a time.

Adam