• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,551 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Does your ISP or webmail choke you off when trying to email a pal a large email attachment? Well, there's good news for you. You can now offer your pal the option to download the attachment from your third party cloud storage service using Thunderbird's Filelink option. It's very COOL! I think it's been in the last few versions of TB, but I didn't notice it till today. I've been distracted lately.

Anyway, I linked my TB to use my Dropbox account, which requires an extension be installed. However, if you use one of the TB provided options, you won't need to install an extension, just sign up for an account at one of the supported services.

Read more about Filelink here --> https://support.mozi...rge-attachments

Ain't technology wonderful?! :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 24,034 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

Neat stuff!!
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#3 OFFLINE   therock247uk

therock247uk

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

ohhh nice!!

#4 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,548 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Yes, very nice. And you can also use You Send It for Thunderbird as well. Also works with Postbox as does DropBox.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#5 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,551 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

According to TB's Filelink page, one of your favs, Fran, SpiderOak will be supported by Filelink very soon. :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,548 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

Excellent!

1+
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#7 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,543 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

inneresting, eric.
and, lilbambi, +1 (see "it's official" thread in watercooler)
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thunderbird, dropbox, filelink, attachments

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users