Oink! Snort...

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

I felt the need for some comfort food this evening, so I at a whole package of Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies with milk for dinner. I'm stuffed.

funny-fat-guy-man-i-beat-anorexia-t-shirt-pics.jpg

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

Well, that is a major departure from your normal diet. If I was gonna go off the reservation, it would have been a yummy pizza! LOL!

Although...cookies and milk are great too.

V.T. Eric Layton

I lost count of the Chips Ahoy carbs. My brain doesn't comprehend numbers that large. I did eat them with low carb milk, though. ;)

This is about the worst I ever do - but I do it too often.

G-chocolate-mug-cake.jpg

Edit - Eric, you live in Florida. Go grab some Publix premium ice cream when it's on sale (about every other week) for $3.50.

Edited by Webb

V.T. Eric Layton

@ crp... Nah, just the regular crunchy kind. They get good and soggy in the milk, though.

@ Webb... Yup. Publix has some yummy ice cream. When I want to indulge, though, I normally get Blue Bunny's low carb Bunny Tracks. YUM!

@ Temmu... Publix is a nice grocery store. I like their rice pudding. I don't shop there, unfortunately, because they are quite expensive compared to other grocery store chains down here in the Tampa area.

:rant: So not only are you breaking the law in Florida by using an electronic device that attaches to the internet,

you are violating natural law by dunking in milk a non-Hydrox/Oreo type cookie ?!?! :rant:

And no, making crunchy soggy in milk does not count as chewy - therefore those are all bad carbs.

Edited by crp
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

I woke up today with a terrible carb hangover. It feels like gravity has doubled since yesterday. :(

• Like 1

I lost count of the Chips Ahoy carbs. My brain doesn't comprehend numbers that large. I did eat them with low carb milk, though. ;)

Next time you need an escape from the food nazi regimen you are on try this.

Dunk your crunchy Chips Ahoy cookies in caffeine-free Diet Coke or Coke Zero.

That's what all my crazy, fat, diet conscious friends do.

I say Yuck!

Edited by amenditman
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

I can't drink that Diet Coke stuff. It has Nutra Poison Sweet® in it. That stuff does bad things to my head. I was dunking in Hood Calorie Countdown® milk. It has very low carbs.

0004410011851_500X500.jpg

Guest LilBambi

I woke up today with a terrible carb hangover. It feels like gravity has doubled since yesterday. :(

Yep, carb payback is a beach!

Dinner tonight for me was salad greens with a chopped boiled egg and some cesar dressing, and a 2/3 lb beef patty seasoned with garlic, onion, salt, and pepper topped with a slice of cheese and an egg. Boy am I stuffed! Kept it under ten grams of carbs though. :)

Adam

I can't drink that Diet Coke stuff. It has Nutra Poison Sweet® in it. That stuff does bad things to my head. I was dunking in Hood Calorie Countdown® milk. It has very low carbs.

I have been corrected!

The crazy diet people have spoken up and I was wrong.

They were not dunking their Chips Ahoy in Caffeine Free Diet Coke.

They were dunking MEGAStuff Oreo's in their Caffeine Free Diet Coke.

Sorry for the mis-information. I sincerely hope I haven't caused anyone to fall off the diet wagon.

P.S. Eric - Nutra Poison Sweet® does that to everyone, some are just more sensitive to it than others.

My mother cannot have anything with it because it causes her to suffer migraines.

Edited by amenditman

V.T. Eric Layton

It makes me extremely nervous (almost anxiety attacks) and a rapid heart rate. Not good. I actually quit smoking marijuana back in '83 because I thought I was getting dain bramage from it, but it was really that darn aspartame. Ain't that a birch? :yes:

so, what happened to, "artificial sweeteners kill rats"? (and by extension, you, the tv audience.) that was the mantra of the 60's and 70's, i remember seeing all sorts of scary documentaries on that (along with the dangers of ciggy smoking...)

True. If you feed rats an equivalent of 1000x a standard "dose" of artificial sweeteners, they will die. The "documentaries" ignore this little fact. Moderation is key, as in everything.

Adam

Funny thread. I had dental surgery last week so I'm on a diet whether I want to be or not. Nothing I can't mash with a fork. I am dying for an apple or a salad :) I know I'm weird. :teehee:

Edited by rolanaj

0004410011851_500X500.jpg

IDK.. looks like garbage to me.

Always best to eat the stuff our ancestors ate. These man made abominations are suspect.

Why not this with your cookies.

http://nutritiondata...g-products/51/2

Total Carbs 3g

Sugars 0g

Some folks may find the whole mik specs interesting.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dairy-and-egg-products/69/2

Total Carbs 13g

Sugars 13g

:)

V.T. Eric Layton

My main reason for eating low carb (the cookie pigout was a rare behavioral aberration) is so that I can control my diabetes with diet alone... no medication of any type. I've been successful at this for many years. My A1C regularly hovers around 4.7, which is the A1C of a non-diabetic person. Carbs baaa-aad! ;)

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, lotsa' diabetes history in my family. My maternal grandfather died in his early 40s from diabetes. I watched as they chopped more and more pieces off my already blind paternal grandmother till she finally died. My mother developed diabetes when she was in her early 40s. My father had it, but something else killed him before the diabetes could. My brother and I both have it. I've been able to maintain without insulin so far, but my brother has to regulate himself occasionally with a shot of insulin.

You are what you eat. There is no truer truth than that.

Funny thread. I had dental surgery last week so I'm on a diet whether I want to be or not. Nothing I can't mash with a fork. I am dying for an apple or a salad :) I know I'm weird. :teehee:

On the flip side, Eric would die without the apples and salads.

So we like apples and salads around here.

1000453_PJP_A_400.jpg

V.T. Eric Layton

On the flip side, Eric would die without the apples and salads.

So we like apples and salads around here.

I don't do apples, but salads are pretty much my staple sustenance these days. Woo-hoo! Who's afraid of cyclospora. ;)

but what happened to chemical build up from all those poison sweeteners?

It's all in your head. ;)

but what happened to chemical build up from all those poison sweeteners?

Minor stuff. Brain tumors, seizures, acceleration of Parkinson's disease just to name a few, Other's feel the aspartame may also be responsible for the alarming rise here in USA of various autoimmune diseases, lupus, MS etc.

Some pre-Reagan FDA approval tidbits.

In July of 1975, as the FDA prepared for the PBOI review - an FDA inspector conducted a routine inspection of Searle's Skokie, Ill. testing facilities, and found many "deviations" from proper procedure protocols. This report led the FDA commissioner, at the time, to empanel a Special Commissioner's Task Force to review Searle's laboratories.

In December of 1975, the Task force reported serious problems with Searle's research on a wide range of products, including aspartame. It found eleven other pivotal studies conducted in a manner so flawed that it raised more doubts concerning aspartame's safety, and created the possibility of serious criminal liability for G.D. Searle.

The Searle-funded pathologists found no serious problems. The FDA task force, on the other hand, found Searle's key tumor safety study unreliable, but their recommendations were ignored. FDA Chief Counsel Richard Merrill submitted a thirty-three-page letter to U.S. attorney Samuel Skinner recommending a grand jury investigation into G.D. Searle "for concealing material facts and making false statements in reports of animal studies to establish the safety of aspartame." Two specific studies of concern were cited. No action was taken, and Skinner allowed the statue of limitations to run out..

BTW Skinner along with two of his aides, joined Searle's law firm shortly after that.

The point is why even bother with such garbage?