4 Views · 1 Replies ( Last reply by securitybreach )

Photo

distrowatch poll -- dual booting versus virtual machines

Yesterday, 12:29 AM

Posted by saturnian in Bruno's All Things Linux
When I saw this week's poll at DistroWatch, I immediately thought of some of the discussions here. I put in a vote for "I dual boot," but now I'm not so sure what they were really asking with that poll question. I run only Linux, and I have some dual- or multi-boot setups.

Seems that there are far too many times when I pass on voting in those polls because either the questions are poorly worded or there's no voting option that seems to fit my situation.

Anyway, here's a link: https://www.distrowa...ue=current#poll

Some interesting posts in the comments section there, too.

140 Views · 11 Replies ( Last reply by abarbarian )

Photo

More chronicles of a dinosaur

Yesterday, 07:16 AM

Yesterday my older granddaughter celebrated her first communion. At the end, the whole class lined up at the front of the church to get photos taken.
I had brought along my Nikon DSLR, extra lenses and a large flash in a camera bag. My wife thought I was nuts. Maybe I was. At the very least I was a dinosaur.
About 30 people took photos - 29 with a smartphone and me with my Nikon. I didn't use the flash at the church - light was pretty good and the big camera handles lower light situations well.
When we took photos of the family with Veronica, later on, I put the honking big flash on the camera to avoid red-eye and fill in the images. Took about 70 shots with no worry about the battery dying in the middle of it all.
Since I had the only real camera there I could be authoritative and get a big crowd in line to take the picture. I doubt that would have happened with a smartphone in hand. Put my SD card in my son-in-law's laptop and he had the photos instantly.
Some wonderful memories were made along with the images. But oh my did I feel weird at the church with the only actual camera. The art of photography has changed to be smartphone-based - even in the couple of years since my grandson's first communion.

Posted Image

78 Views · 1 Replies ( Last reply by Ed_P )

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

0 members, 71 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Bing, Google, Yahoo

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS