1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:39 PM

i know surface pro is hardware but since it is intimately connected to msWindows and i really wasn't interested in having a "discussion" about the merits of using a windows pc vs mac machine vs linus pc ,
i am puting it here:
https://www.microsof...vot:overviewtab

i5 Surface Pro 6 with 8G RAM and 128GB SSD for $800.

seems to me to be a terrific deal, but not sure. is it still overpriced as compared to similar windows devices?
comparison shopping on these things is so complicated, especially with the tight deadlines.

ps: yes, i spelled it 'linus' on purpose. stop yelping about gnu  Mr Stallman. :devil:
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

#2 OFFLINE   goretsky

goretsky

Posting Prodigy

• Forum Moderators
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:41 AM

Hello,

I owned a couple of older units (the Surface RT and Surface Pro 2) and though that the hardware was very high quality.  i found keyboards taking some time to get used to, though.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky
Dexter is a good dog.

Aryeh Goretsky
Microsoft MVP 2004.1-2018.6 [Cloud and Datacenter Management]

(previously Networking, Windows, Windows for Devices and IT)
FacebookGoogle+ personal blogpersonal websiteTwitter work blog

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users