MDK 10 here

kamicota

Hi Et-Al B) MDK 10 official CD's are here right by the computer B) After seeing the MANY :w00t: B) UPDATE and other Dilemas on the Forum IS there any Last minute :P Helpful hints before this beloved computer of mine goes throuigh this TRANSFORMATION CHANGE Invitations to Et-Als'Cheers for YearsColin :D

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• Bruno

• SonicDragon

• quint

Colin . . . GREAT !!! . . . Go for it !As long as you have the print outs next to you it will be allright ! :DB) Bruno

Colin . . .after the install PCLos will not be included in Lilo ( Windows will though ) . . . don´t worry, don´t panic . . we will add it tomorrow in a special "session" ;):P Bruno

Thanks Et-Al B) :D B) B) Before InstallCD goes in have to fin "PnP" and disable as Bios is CD up firstSo Palpitations of both EXCITEMENT :D :o :rolleyes: & a little trepidation ARE VERY NOTICEABLE :P So "INSTALL PARTY" is just about underway :D :o :P :lol: B) :rolleyes: :w00t: :wub: :bounce: :hug: :clap: B) :fish: :flowers: Colin :D

Main thing to remember is hda7 is the partition you want Mandrake to install on :DB) BrunoPS: I will read all about your adventures tomorrow morning . . my day is almost done, so I will get some good sleep first before I will get the shock in the morning B) :w00t: :P

SonicDragon
PS: I will read all about your adventures tomorrow morning . . my day is almost done, so I will get some good sleep first before I will get the shock in the morning
Good night :w00t: The Netherlands is 4 hours a head of the east coast?Hopefully the rest of us will be able to help Colin out :P

SonicDragon

Just make sure you check though all the screens in the BIOS very carefully and make sure it's not there. If it really isn't there, don't worry about it. Just skip that step. There's nothing you can do about it if the option is not there. :D

Yeah BrunoJust been through the MB Book again and NO where is there any mention of "PnP" so by the "SEAT of my PANTS :o ) I will flyHope your 8 Hours ahead of MONTAIN TIME here in Sparwood has a Pleasant "All things linux" MDK 10 install has good tidings.So it is "Shutdown" MD 10 Install time :D :D :o B) Colin & thankz Et-al :D

Keep your COOL . . Colin !! . . Take it easy . . don't rush . . think twice before you hit the "Next" buttons :DB) Bruno

yeah Bruno :D What a DINDONG did I EVER :o :o mess up B) Results of ????Ended up with:- Losing PCLos (by only looking at the graphic & ticked both boxes in screenshot #8)Ended up with Xfree 4.3.0.1And a text screen with Local Host login ( couldn't bet out of that)Graphics a disaster ??? Still dont know about it yetBoot Loader haslinuxLinux NonfbWindowsFailsafeFloppyBoy have I EVER got egg on my face againLOOKS like another Mandrtake install ALLOVER again :D :D Colin :o

SonicDragon

First off, don't worry about loosing PCLos, it's probably still there. Don't worry about that right now. We'll fix that later.Now i have a few questions:1. So when you choose "linux" from your boot loader, it brings up a screen with only text?2. Did you create a user during the installation?

Yes to Both SonicAnd when I pressed on Linux I got the Local Host "Login"Updates didn't go either don't think I set up Lan properly eitherColin :D

SonicDragon

Ok. Try choosing "linux" from the boot loader and logging in as the user you created. Once you are logged in, type "startx" without the quotes. Hopefully that will bring up KDE for you. If not, it might be time to reinstall Mandrake again, and make sure you follow those directions exactly! :D

SonicDragon

lol colin. good guess.make sure it's "startx" with no capital letters!(also if you have to reinstall, make sure you play extra attension to screen 15 in bruno's directions. :D

Thankx SonicDid starx NO capitals and still the text screenwith a couple of the messages ----->>>>> Fatal server error:no screen foundx10: fatal 10 eroor 104(kamicota@localhost kamicot$)Yeah to MORE ATTN definitely needed But still my graphic does noyt show the Daytek 77A monitorAnd as for Lan set up I am in the dark etcSo looks like I will give it another tryColin :D

SonicDragon
So looks like I will give it another try
I think that's a good idea. Remember, pay close attension to screen 15 in bruno's tips and make sure everything is configured correctly.

Another Try at InstallingBut NO :D YET got the graphical Gui staring to load of KDE but:-It hung up while Initalizing peripherals and at 42% loadedMouse was froze tooHad the 1024 x 768 24bpp in the configure screenSeems a similar stall as with some of the other liveCd's I have triedAny Et-als Any ideas :D for the next stepColin B)