Post your desktop

Tushman

We haven't had one of these in a while... here's mine.aprildesktopresized.pngHere's the link for the original resolution (1920 x 1080) screenshot.

Edited by Tushman
Edited to be consistent with Forums Rules on image posting

I like spring and I like coffee. This is an old webshots image that I converted to jpg years ago. I bring it out every spring.smspringdesk.JPG

Here is my real desktop shot:8bnU7s.jpgWell one of 3 desks with 7 total machines.You can check the Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop for my screenshots.
I love the triple monitor action ya got there... you ever use split wallpapers? There's a couple of websites that Iv'e got bookmarked just in case i ever get two monitors side by side.

securitybreach
We haven't had one of these in a while... here's mine.aprildesktopresized.pngHere's the link for the original resolution (1920 x 1080) screenshot.
Nice looking desktop Tushman!!! :thumbsup:Do you have a link to that wallpaper?

securitybreach
I love the triple monitor action ya got there... you ever use split wallpapers? There's a couple of websites that Iv'e got bookmarked just in case i ever get two monitors side by side.
Yeah I have used both one huge wallpaper and also one wallpaper per screen. I currently use one wallpaper per screen.Here a couple of my newest shot Dirty:c95ec8125684829.jpg Clean:170e47125685270.jpgWell a few months ago anyway, I have changed the wallpapers since then. My issue is that 2 of the monitors have different resolutions than the middle monitor. 2 @ 1600x900 and the middle one is @ 1920x1080. Total real estate 5120x1080

Nice looking desktop Tushman!!! :thumbsup:Do you have a link to that wallpaper?
Sure do. It's from one of my favorites sites. :)http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/details..._new_angle.htmlEdit: I noticed that there is a "triple-monitor" version availalbe for download for that wallpaper. I have not bothered to download it but just seeing your triple monitor setup in your photo made me think it would look quite nice on your setup. Edited by Tushman

securitybreach

Well I like dark images because I use alot of transparent terminals but I like the picture so I wanted a copy.

Here is my real desktop shot:8bnU7s.jpgWell one of 3 desks with 7 total machines.You can check the Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop for my screenshots.
Have been currious for a while what the actual "desk" looked like with the 3 monitors. Have seen quite a few screenshots that put the image from all 3 together. Really cool!!!@Tushman - That is a beautiful desktop image. Like Eric said, seems like you could fall in. I'm one that changes his desktop image like others change clothes. :)Here is one of mine. :whistling: Some of you on BATL have seen this before. :yes: This was taken on my 02 deployment on board the USS George Washington. This is one of our aircraft VF-103 Jolly Rogers flying over Croatia.cb326.th.pngAll the best,Ian

Have been currious for a while what the actual "desk" looked like with the 3 monitors. Have seen quite a few screenshots that put the image from all 3 together. Really cool!!!@Tushman - That is a beautiful desktop image. Like Eric said, seems like you could fall in. I'm one that changes his desktop image like others change clothes. :)Here is one of mine. :) Some of you on BATL have seen this before. :) This was taken on my 02 deployment on board the USS George Washington. This is one of our aircraft VF-103 Jolly Rogers flying over Croatia.cb326.th.pngAll the best,Ian
Thanks Ian. I used be a big-time airplane buff growing up as a child. Still love them. That's a good photo of the Grumman Tomcat. In my opinion, it was one of the best fighter jets of a very nostalgic era. Made even more famous of course by the movie "Top Gun". I loved that plane long before the movie came out and read up on every single book I could find about the details and performance specs. I have several photos of the F-14 taxing & catapulting off a carrier deck that I found on line. Such a beast of an airplane but beautifully designed in my opinion. I wish I would find a big arse photo (roughly the same size as my 22" monitor) so that I could use it as my wallpaper. I still haven't quite found one.The desktop photo that I posted originally has been replaced already with a more artistic design. I also prefer changing my wallpaper on a regular basis. One of the things I love about Windows 7 is how it comes with a windows gallery to change your wallpaper on a specified time interval from a collection of folders anywhere on your hard drive. It seems like they finally caught onto the idea that people liked software such as Webshots for a reason and so they finally decided to wake up to that fact and give their users something very similar. Edited by Tushman

securitybreach
Have been currious for a while what the actual "desk" looked like with the 3 monitors. Have seen quite a few screenshots that put the image from all 3 together. Really cool!!!Here is one of mine. :) Some of you on BATL have seen this before. :) This was taken on my 02 deployment on board the USS George Washington. This is one of our aircraft VF-103 Jolly Rogers flying over Croatia.cb326.th.pngAll the best,Ian
Thanks Ian!! Your screenshot looks nice :)

If I had my druthers, I'd live in the cave in the woods at the foot of that rock in the middle.

Such a beast of an airplane but beautifully designed in my opinion.
I agree it was a beautiful design, but Grumman Iron Works was NOT thinking about the maintainer when they designed it I can assure you. It was a maintenance pig to keep flying. In the last few years, the Tomcat was averaging 80/1. That is 80 man hours of maintenance for 1 flight hour.But I still miss it and LOVED working on it even though sometimes I hated them. :hysterical:All the best,Ian
this is my win 7 desktop, 3360 x 1050, 2 widescreen monitorsdesk1-1.png
Nice desktop Temmu. I love the way you can have multiple desktops and create 1 image that combines them as if they were one large wide screen monitor. Awesome!!

Temmu,Where can i download your desktop background from ? ?
Patio, were you making a joke when you said that? You do realize that you could simply open up MS Paint and create a replica within a matter of seconds right?

I like your latest, Tush... very colorful. :yes:
Thanks Eric. I've got so many wallpapers that revolve around nature/wildlife/astronomy that I like mixing it up every once in a while that is completely different. We have had a very dull, drabby & cold spring lately (brrrr......)-- I have a feeling I'll keep using this one around for a while. The colorful background keeps me in a happy mental mood. :) Edited by Tushman

V.T. Eric Layton

I change my wallpapers and themes/styles every other day or so. I've done that since Win 3.1. I love variety! :)

That is very colorful Tushman. It has been proven scientifically that the colors we look at can effect our mental and physical well being. I really like the nature ones myself. I often use images of islands and sunsets. :)All the best,Ian

securitybreach
That is very colorful Tushman. It has been proven scientifically that the colors we look at can effect our mental and physical well being. I really like the nature ones myself. I often use images of islands and sunsets. :)All the best,Ian
Hmm, so explain to me why I like Dark Geeky wallpapers :hysterical:

Hmm, so explain to me why I like Dark Geeky wallpapers :hysterical:
I will quote you from another post Josh:
Admitting you have a problem is the first step
;):hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:Don't feel bad, on occasion I go there to. Don't you remember the black and red Arch background? ;)Oh, best of luck to you. I know tomorrow is the big day. ;) My thoughts and prayers for a safe trip. ;)All the best,Ian

If I had my druthers, I'd live in the cave in the woods at the foot of that rock in the middle.
It'd probably be tough to get utilities there. No electric, no phone, no internet... you know that might have its advantages!