Phoenix Browser Renamed!

zox

Firebird!

After months of discussion and further months of legal investigation, we're finally comfortable moving forward with new names. The new name for the Phoenix browser is "Firebird". The documentation and product strings will be updated soon. In addition to securing the Firebird name, we've also got the OK, from those contributing legal resources, to use the name "Thunderbird" for an email client. Hopefully this will be the end of naming legal issues for a while.
They just renamed it couple of hours back so the pages related to Phoenix, err Firebird still show old name but it will change soon.Oh, by the way the e-mail client (Minotaur) is also changed to Thunderbird as you can see above :)You are informed better then the rest of the world :D

Guest ThunderRiver
Firebird!
After months of discussion and further months of legal investigation, we're finally comfortable moving forward with new names. The new name for the Phoenix browser is "Firebird". The documentation and product strings will be updated soon. In addition to securing the Firebird name, we've also got the OK, from those contributing legal resources, to use the name "Thunderbird" for an email client. Hopefully this will be the end of naming legal issues for a while.
They just renamed it couple of hours back so the pages related to Phoenix, err Firebird still show old name but it will change soon.Oh, by the way the e-mail client (Minotaur) is also changed to Thunderbird as you can see above :)You are informed better then the rest of the world :)
Oh great, why didn't I think of it? heh. it is just more generic now isn't it? :D

Not positive, but I think they changed the name due to a copyright problem. Just when I had finally found the right "main - window" icon. :D

It definitely was due to copyright that they changed. I think I actually like it better than Phoenix. Firebird is just another way of saying Phoenix. Ok, there's that unfortunate allusion to a now dead Pontiac (or maybe not so unfortunate, depending on your point of view), but I like it. I don't know why, but I like it.-- Scot

Guess it's actually not that bad, and I found another "main-window" icon to replace the Windows "motif". When it comes right down to it, they can call it whatever they want, as long as they don't make it a spyware, resource hog, which I'm sure they won't. :lol:

Firebird. Hmm, so that's why when I was downloading some themes about 10 minutes ago, the web page said Firebird themes. I thought, gee, that's strange? Now I understand....