Dell force forging security certs?

crp

V.T. Eric Layton

All my Dell laptops are way too old to be worrying about this. Besides, the original OS has long ago been wiped from all of them.

V.T. Eric Layton

Poor Dell... struggling to survive in this new era of cheap computing and making all sorts of mistakes in the process. :(

• Like 1

And the Dell models listed in the articles are the high-end ones that Dell pushes to businesses (or used to, I'm not up on Dell's current market configurations). Not good.

EDIT: Yet more bad news for Dell:

http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/11/pcs-running-dell-support-app-can-be-uniquely-idd-by-snoops-and-scammers/

Edited by ebrke

securitybreach

Speaking of....I just got my website's SSL cert from Let's Encrypt which is backed by the Linux Foundation and is signed by the CA. It's completely free, automated and an open certificate authority(CA). This is the first free trusted certificate available as most cost hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. Right now the cert is in a closed beta stage and is not offered to everyone yet. I signed up a couple of months ago and I just got mine two days ago. Granted my site has just a place card right now until I decide what to do with it. I used to have a blog on it but I wasn't making any entries so I dunno what it will become.

iZlQcEX.png

https://letsencrypt.org/about/

ybBqqEd.png

Right now, it has to be resigned every 90 days which is a good thing, security wise. See how easy that was Dell.....

• Like 2

Guest LilBambi

Always something isn't it LOL

Glad they took care of it, but it's sad that they didn't realize this would be the case and remove it before they went out.