"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#78 ONLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,224 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

Yes, I had crushes on all the ladies in the program Firefly, but Summer Glau was my special fav...

Here she is second from the left...

Posted Image

#79 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,513 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:45 AM

They really chose well on the all the cast of Firefly/Serenity.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#80 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,531 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

except the captain... (sorry, but that's my mumbled opinion.)

eric's pix of the ladies reminds me of the episode where the bad guys were giving the women's home a hard time & serenity & crew to the rescue!
Posted Image

#81 ONLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,224 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

I "Liked" Temmu's post above this one because I remember just the episode he's talking about. It's the one with the old West whorehouse out on some distant desert planet run by a pretty mistress played by Melinda Clarke, who you may also remember as Gus Grissom's obsession, the dominatrix Lady Heather, on CSI (Vegas) a few seasons ago.

Posted Image

I do not agree with Temmu's assessment of the casting of Nathon Fallion as the captain. I think Fallion was perfect for that roll. As Temmu points out, though, just my opinion. :)

#82 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,531 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:41 PM

yup, that was the episode. the antagonists were real jerks. they deserved the death they got.
Posted Image

#83 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,513 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on 09 May 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

I do not agree with Temmu's assessment of the casting of Nathon Fallion as the captain. I think Fallion was perfect for that roll. As Temmu points out, though, just my opinion. :)

I also think he was perfect. He may or may not be able to get back into the 'uniform' after several seasons of Castle! Which I also loved in the first couple seasons. I have no idea what happened after the 2nd season though. Can't watch Hulu anymore since I had to give up my unlimited Alltel and then unlimited Verizon Wireless account to get my own account. Sigh...
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#84 ONLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,224 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

I never got interested much in Castle! It was OK, I just don't watch much regular commercial broadcast (or cable) TV. I mostly watch PBS and retro type secondary digital channels that shot 40s, 50s, and 60s stuff. If it's B&W or edoomacashunal, I'll watch it. ;)

#85 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,513 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:41 AM

I don't watch much commercial TV either. But Hulu was great for it back when I could actually watch something online....
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#86 ONLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,224 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

When is your area of the world going to join the rest of us in the 21st Century? You know there are villages in Central Africa that have faster Internet service than you do. ;)

#87 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1149.txt

The solution already exists!
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#88 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,531 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

the opening paragraphs state "slow". I think she already has slow.
Posted Image

#89 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

Nah, this solution is just high latency. Unsuitable for realtime data transfers or UDP.....

Adam
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#90 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,531 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:51 AM

View PostTemmu, on 12 August 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

lol - that's what got me started on this topic! i got the [firefly] dvds & i've been watching a show each evening! has to be one of the best sci-fi tv shows.

i stumbled across my firefly dvds and watched them again. what a great show that was.
Posted Image

#91 ONLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,224 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:33 PM

WOW! What a coincidence brother Temmu. I did just that same this past Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Sadly for me, though, my DVDs seem to have deteriorated just sitting on the shelf in my climate controlled room. They all have blackish/gray stains on the data sides under the plastic coating. Cheap carp! I bought them in 2003 or so and only watched them once.

Anyway, I just binged on streaming HD on the Internet. Worked well. Gotta' love those questionable off-shore servers. :yes:

And yes, Firefly was an AWESOME series. I cannot but think that FOX must have eventually realized what a mistake they made cancelling that show. There were so many, many wonderful stories about Mal and the others left to tell.

#92 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,531 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:27 PM

wow, what a cool coincidence!
o, yes!
like, why did shepherd have an id card that granted him such respect and instant help from the feds?
Posted Image

#93 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,513 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:39 PM

Love Firefly (2002-2003)! I also loved the Serenity (2005) movie! Find out how the Reevers came into being...and so much more. Joss Whedon amazing writer, director. Also loved his Dollhouse show.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#94 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,531 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:39 PM

yes, an truly talented person!
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users