Windows 7 RC on Mac Book

Purhonen

I just uninstalled my Windows XP Pro SP3 installation (Boot Camp) and would like to try Windows 7 RC. I've burned the downloaded Win 7 as an ISO to a DVD but Boot Camp/Mac OS X will not recognize it. Will only a purchased/dedicated Windows installation disc work? Regards, Steve

Guest LilBambi

Not sure which Forum would be best but we are careful to not duplicate topics between forums so if you would prefer to put it in the All things Mac forum instead, let me know and I will move it for you.

I would install Windows 7 RC without Boot Camp (or wait until the official release when Apple might have updated Boot Camp files). Do so means that you will need to install a third-party boot loader in Windows 7 like Easy BCD. It's quite simple. Just be sure that you copy your boot.efi file from you OS X install to a USB key because you will need to copy it to the NST directory that Easy BCD creates for booting OS X. Or you could install rEFIt in OS X.

Not sure which Forum would be best but we are careful to not duplicate topics between forums so if you would prefer to put it in the All things Mac forum instead, let me know and I will move it for you.
Yes, please move it for me. I wasn't sure what to do. Sorry if I mucked things up. :"> Regards, Steve

Guest LilBambi

Steve, You didn't muck anything up. NOTE: I moved it but left a link to it in ATW (All Things Windows) so folks could continue to find it there too. ;)I think Peachy has some very good information for you. Hope it helps. :thumbsup:Bambi