Siduction

sunrat

This ain't exactly breaking news but it hasn't been mentioned before. Some of the aptosid devs have branched out and started a new fork. You can read about it on the home page, but one of the trigger reasons was to make a more community based distro as aptosid has always been driven more by the devs than community. I wish them well and will be trying it out shortly.

http://siduction.org/index.php

I downloaded it but I haven't had the time to do it justice; I've been way too busy with domestic chores, Postcrossing, and Emacs to attend to a rowdy distro like Siduction! I'll look forward to reading what you say about it :) .

Hey you, dont watch that

Watch this!

This is the heavy heavy monster sound

The nuttiest sound around

So if youve come in off the street

And youre beginning to feel the heat

Well listen buster

You better start to move your feet

To the rockinest, rock-steady beat

Of madness

One step beyond!

:thumbsup:

V.T. Eric Layton

Not a rolling-release distro, I don't guess, huh? Wasn't the original Sidux rolling-release?

I may have to try this because my Debian installation is toast again. Debian just does NOT seem to like this system. I've never been able to put a stable working installation of it on here. :(

Screenshot in VBox. Everything works as expected. :thumbsup:

siductionsshot1.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I presume, as it's based on aptosid, that it will be rolling release. One difference that sticks out is they will be hosting more recent versions of KDE than Debian (and aptosid). The next release, "Desperado", will have KDE 4.8 whereas 4.7.4 has just entered the sid repos and will most likely be used for Debian's "Wheezy" release.

Also available in delicious LXDE and XFCE flavours! ;) :D B)

V.T. Eric Layton

Nice! I sure wish I could just get Debian to work for me again. If that doesn't pan out, I'm going to end up with Aptosid or Siduction as a substitute.