Flowers !!!

abarbarian

Thought you all might like to have a walk up to my place and a quick look into the garden.Starting only a couple of hundred yards away from the cabin on the farm track, any further back and you do not see the cabin.

timgp3295.jpg

timgp3296.jpg

timgp3297.jpg

timgp3304.jpg

timgp3305.jpg

timgp3308.jpg

timgp3311.jpg

timgp3312.jpg

Not really exciting but then real life can be pretty boring. :breakfast:

• Like 3

There is a low range sonic device that will keep small animals etc. outside your perimeter. It might be handy to have one on a time switch.

But if there is a dog or cat in residence they will not be happy

Lion poop also works . Friendly zoologist or a passing circus.

Afraid chipmunks, which I love although they can be unintentionally destructive, would not like it either.
  • Like 1

Thought you all might like to have a walk up to my place and a quick look into the garden.Starting only a couple of hundred yards away from the cabin on the farm track, any further back and you do not see the cabin.

Looks lovely!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
V.T. Eric Layton

Beautiful!

What a segue...

This lady will be making a visit to your mailbox some time in the next week...

janet_evanovich.jpg

What are the tall yellow and red plants right outside the window? Look like some kind of lily? Very attractive.

Yup lilies. Two types, one all yellow and the other is yellow and red.The yellow and red ones were smuggled in from Latvia by some relatives for me dad and I keep them to remind me of him. No scent though which is a shame. B)

• Like 1

For ebrke a close up of the lilies.Me dad got the lilies in 1994 and I have had them growing in the same pot since 2000.

timgp4107.jpg

A fushcia that cost £1 this spring, doubt if it is hardy. An as me garden seems to live in an alternative universe I have no idea if the plant will get much bigger. It should do but it has not grown much in 6 weeks or so.The picture does not do it justice but I was too lazy to use a tripod.

timgp4112.jpg

An a lonely begonia called Apple Blossom cost £1. it should be surrounded by masses of other flowers but fate decreed otherwise.

timgp4114.jpg

:breakfast:

Come on folks I'm posting me meagre flower show. Where is your offerings ???

Edited by abarbarian
  • Like 1

Guest LilBambi

Those images are awesome! Great job on the flowers ... you have a real green thumb! :yes:

Spring is over here ... got a few Day Lilies but that's about it right now.

Those images are awesome! Great job on the flowers ... you have a real green thumb! :yes:

Spring is over here ... got a few Day Lilies but that's about it right now.

Your monitor is on the blink. Me thumb is pink in the pic. An talking of pics, just little thumbnails would be great as you are bandwidth handicapped. :yes:

• Like 1

Come on folks I'm posting me meagre flower show. Where is your offerings ???

In southern California we have no flowers. Just astroturf where we want to have some green space.

Adam

• Like 1

In southern California we have no flowers. Just astroturf where we want to have some green space.

Adam

You must have some flowers growing locally. I remember miles and miles of sunflowers when I was in that part of the states. :biggrin:

Cluttermagnet

You live in the English countryside, is that right? Very nice setting, you are lucky in some ways.

When I see such an idylic location I think 'flowers' but also 'radio antennas'. The Brits who

live in towns have rather small gardens. Very challenging to find enough room to string some

antenna wires in those circumstances. That's why I'd never live in a city, I like some elbow room.

Beautiful flowers, mate! I'll post a few shots of our flowers here 'shortly'...

timgp3295.jpg

timgp3296.jpg

timgp3297.jpg

timgp3304.jpg

timgp3305.jpg

timgp3308.jpg

timgp3311.jpg

timgp3312.jpg

Not really exciting but then real life can be pretty boring. :breakfast:

Topic? How very quaint. :w00tx100:

Here is my backyard:

kuvakaappuu3-1.png

Got huge lilac trees, no longer in bloom, obviously. Buildings (and trees) date to late 1920s / early & mid 1930s. Birches are higher than the (6-7 storey) buildings.

—Urban Urmas

• Like 2

If ever I arrive in the USA .I will set up a chain link fencing business. There must be more chainlink there than all the rest of the world combined.

Are they apple trees ?

V.T. Eric Layton

There are apple trees in Florida (northern part of the State), but not many. It's too hot for them down here.

That little stretch of chain link fence is about 45 years old. It's only a short run on my east side. The rest of my backyard is encircled with concrete block fencing that is even older. I'm not sure why my father never got around to completing the concrete fence on that side. The neighbor over there is a nice old Cuban lady. She's no trouble.

This is a pic of my backyard facing the other direction...

aftrake02_032012.jpg

Yup. Fence desperately needs painting. :yes:

• Like 3

If ever I arrive in the USA .I will set up a chain link fencing business. There must be more chainlink there than all the rest of the world combined.

You may well have a valid point in there (after the fall of Berlin Wall & East Germany). :happyroll:

• Like 1