Night Owls

havnblast

:rolleyes: glad I am not the only night owl in the forum - I work mostly nights and have time to keep up on the forums. When I am at home I am usually messing around with other stuff on puter, like graphics and html goodies.Most shifts are like midnight to 8 am, which I don't mind. I think the nights are more peaceful - less people to deal with :)

I'm glad you enjoy the night shift. I did 13 years of graveyard, and, well, look at my avatar. ;) But it is the best time to catch up on the forums. Hardly anyone here during the day, except the nightowls from AU and NZ and all those guys on the other side.

Guest Paracelsus
I'm glad you enjoy the night shift.  I did 13 years of graveyard, and, well, look at my avatar.  :P But it is the best time to catch up on the forums.  Hardly anyone here during the day, except the nightowls from AU and NZ and all those guys on the other side.
Well, Thanks-a-*@#+&~^-Lot, Jeberman!! :D So what am I all of a sudden... Chopped Liver :( :( (I mean, Sautéed Calves' Liver) :P I'm here during the day (mostly... when I have time)I was starting to actually like you. And to think... I recommended you to Scot to Mod The Water Cooler(I completely disavow any responsibility for this post. Once again, Alternate Realities have co-opted my digits) :D :D

Paracelsus, dude, you've got to get a handle on those Alternate Realities. Are they paying rent, or anything? Anyway, I wasn't saying anything negative about those souls about these forums during the day. But now that you mention it...what are you doing hanging around these forums on such a nice day? Get a life. Get a job. Get out of your room right now, young man (woman, child) and get yourself some sunshine. And for heaven's sake, get off that computer. Goodness, we never see you at dinner anymore. :huh:If you mean "mod" as in modify, I'm doing my best already. Or did you mean modulate?

Guest LilBambi

Ah, glad you all cleared that up ... I was beginning to wonder :) As one who has no real forum schedule, and who (whom?) can be here at just about any time day or night depending on my non-schedule, I will have to say ... it is great to come back and see the bazillion (hey, I like that word) new posts and have so many things to think about and post back on :PI love these forums ... whether it is daytime or nighttime.Sunshine??? What's that? ;)

Guest Paracelsus
Paracelsus, dude, you've got to get a handle on those Alternate Realities.  Are they paying rent, or anything?  Anyway, I wasn't saying anything negative about those souls about these forums during the day.  But now that you mention it...what are you doing hanging around these forums on such a nice day?  Get a life.  Get a job.  Get out of your room right now, young man (woman, child) and get yourself some sunshine.  And for heaven's sake, get off that computer.  Goodness, we never see you at dinner anymore. :huh:If you mean "mod" as in modify, I'm doing my best already.  Or did you mean modulate?
Yeah! Like I still live in SoCal!!... Where all my friends and relatives live.Texas has WEATHER!!, Budro. Saturday was T-Storms & hail. I was lucky to even stay connected.We get 20 days of nice weather a year here, in the D-FW area. ten days in the Spring (already gone)... and ten in the Fall.Rest of the time it's either Hot n' Humid, or Cold n' Windy.Mod??? Come on, man... I saw your B-day :) You don't remember what Mods are?? As apposed to Greasers :rolleyes: No! I meant... Mod - er - A - tor! :) Look that up in your Funk & Wagnel :)(BTW... I'm visiting my sister in La Jolla later this year. Be prepared for that Unexpected Knock at the Door :)LilBambi - What's Sunshine?? Sump'n there's too much of in north Texas start'n about now. Care to trade places??

Guest LilBambi

Paracelsus --

LilBambi - What's Sunshine?? Sump'n there's too much of in north Texas start'n about now. Care to trade places??
:) :) Well, actually ... living in Virginia we are having some wonderful weather right now...with the cherry trees and dogwoods all in bloom!Although, I will keep that in mind for July and August ... but then again if it is that bad starting NOW where you are in Texas ... I don't think it will get better with age as we approach July-Agust time frame ... on second thought ... let's skip the whole thing! :) :) :)

Texas has WEATHER!!, Budro. Saturday was T-Storms & hail. I was lucky to even stay connected.We get 20 days of nice weather a year here, in the D-FW area. ten days in the Spring (already gone)... and ten in the Fall.Rest of the time it's either Hot n' Humid, or Cold n' Windy.
Jusy my .02 worth, but that dream job with the Visitors and Travellers Bureau? Forget it. Keep the chemical gig. I spent a summer once (1972) in northern Texas, Plainview. And it was. Worked 60 hours a week for Texaco, for $1.25 an hour, which, after taxes, came out to an even $60.00 a week. Got Sunday off. In Texas, on Sunday, there is squat to do on a day-off. Dry county, too. Yuper, loads of fun.

Guest LilBambi

Hey, northern Texas ... that wouldn't be the Tri-state, freight train tornado alley part of the state, would it?If so, I've been there, thank you very much...and after a 'freight train tornado' goes right over the trailer of someone you are visiting ... you are happy to just go back home, no matter where ya live! :D

(BTW... I'm visiting my sister in La Jolla later this year. Be prepared for that Unexpected Knock at the Door
Just let me know when and I'll pm you with directions to the correct door to knock on. And there's a Starbuck's right around the corner! :D

Hey, why are tornados and divorces so similiar in Texas?....In either case, somebody's going to lose a trailer! :lol: My whole family was from TX, so I can pick on it.Back to night shifts. I worked "swing" for years, and the only downside was protecting the arteries in my neck from the on-coming night shift.OH MY, I think I'm turning into Hennie Youngman!Take my wife...pleze...A funny thing happened to me...I gotta go.

Guest Paracelsus
Hey, why are tornados and divorces so similiar in Texas?....In either case, somebody's going to lose a trailer!  :P 
Hey jb... B) :) I gotta remember that one B) :)
My whole family was from TX...
Now THAT'S scary!! :) :PWhen I moved here in '95, my sister said... "Texas... Isn't that "Big Sky Country" "I said...No. Montana is Big Sky Country. Texas is, ah...Big Hair Country(Where the B-52 was born) :P :D B)