5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,531 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:14 AM

Plan on staying up late, Tuesday, 8/2

Earth's moon will be visible from earth then.

The last time this occurred was Monday, August 1, 2016
It will likely occur again, Wednesday, August 3, 2016!

Drink coffee or whatever you need to do to stay up till around sunset to see earth's moon in the eastern sky!
Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Webb

Webb

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:09 AM

I don't know how late you will need to stay up.  My almanac says the moon will rise at 6:29 am and set at 7:59 pm, pretty much the same as the sun.

It will be a 1% crescent so it will probably be washed out by the sun.
The 9000 series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error. - HAL-9000

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it.  - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Posted Image
Jim

#3 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:59 PM

So? did it actually happen or not?
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

#4 OFFLINE   Webb

Webb

Multithreader

• Members
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:10 PM

It didn't happen. The moon was too close to the sun and only a 1% crescent.  There is no way you could see that with the naked eye.
The 9000 series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error. - HAL-9000

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it.  - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Posted Image
Jim

#5 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:31 PM

A 13 din welding lens is perfect for looking at the sun . Just be careful to not let the lens not be between your eyes and the sun . There is danger . Flash blindness is not nice . Feels like your sockets are full of sand.

For part of my career I worked as a welder helping to build pharmaceutical plant. Was paid more than the guys welding the Apollo series .
Linux counter no . 393441

#6 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,531 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:20 PM

ha, maybe should titled it, moonlessness

yes, welding pays good, some very very good.
sadly, i know nothing of it.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users