4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   havnblast

havnblast

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 06:41 AM

"NVIDIA has released a new version of their nForce drivers (v1.0-0261).Added kernel patch to support nForce GART; Added "spdif_status" module parameter to audio driver to enable/disable S/PDIF support for compatability; Fixed bug in audio driver that was causing MSI nForce board to only use 2 channels; Fixed mmap bug in audio driver causing Quake III to hang; Fixed Red Hat Linux 9 build issue with remap_page_range(); Fixed problem with rebuilding SRPM on Red Hat Linux 9; Added Red Hat Linux 9 and Mandrake Linux 9.1 binary RPMs. For more info check the txt file, and for download pay a visit to the webpage."source:savagenewsWebsite

#2 OFFLINE   Bruno

Bruno

Le Professeur Pingouin

• Admin Emeritus
  • 37,904 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 08:50 AM

Looks like the packages all the Nvidia adepts were waiting for . . . . finaly they can upgrade their kernel too . . :) See, patience pays off in the end ! :) :DThanks Kelly !:) Bruno

#3 OFFLINE   GolfProRM

GolfProRM

Mr. Incredible

• Forum MVP
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 08:58 AM

Bruno,Just to clarify, this new driver is for the nForce2 chipset on motherboards (very nice chipset I might add).  This is NOT for the nVidia video drivers...  :)

#4 OFFLINE   Bruno

Bruno

Le Professeur Pingouin

• Admin Emeritus
  • 37,904 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 09:58 AM

Aie, thanks Ryan ! Did not have the time yet to read carefull enough what it all was about . . . . I should have waited with posting :) !Thanks for being so allert ! B):) Bruno

#5 OFFLINE   GolfProRM

GolfProRM

Mr. Incredible

• Forum MVP
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 09:59 AM

No problem my good man...  that's what I'm here for! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users