securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,171 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:50 PM

Nice Eric :thumbsup:
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#2227 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,257 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:59 AM

I don't normally go for dark themes. I like them, but have a hard time seeing well when using them. That being said, I think this one is pretty cool. I liked the wallpaper, so I had to have the appropriate dark theme to go with it.

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't have a spiffy, gorgeous desktop with plain ol' Slack/Xfce.

;)

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton, 24 January 2017 - 12:00 PM.

#2228 OFFLINE   sunrat

sunrat

Thread Kahuna

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:16 PM

Default MX-16 desktop. I added my Conky.
Posted Image
registered Linux user number 324659  || The importance of Reading The *Fine* Manual! :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageKXStudio
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.

#2229 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,171 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:47 PM

Dirty:

Posted Image
If you want to zoom in more (it's 5760x2680): https://i.imgur.com/nNhsi5K.jpg

Naked: https://i.imgur.com/6IRHjfs.jpg

Posted Image

Wallpaper: http://wallpaperswid...wallpapers.html

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#2230 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,171 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:03 PM

BTW if you noticed on the top right on the screenshot where it says

[sudo] password for comhack:
Please touch the device.

I have 2 factor authentication for my sudo password using a yubikey. Basically you plug the yubikey into a usb port and when you touch it. the key generates a one time password as a 2nd form of authentication. If you lose the key, you have to jump through some major hoops to get Yubikey to give you access to a reset code and even then, the key will not be any good. I use it for a few different things and it is nice and flat so you can just leave it in your wallet so its always handy..  

A buddy of mine made this tutorial walking you through setting up Archlinux with a u2f device like the Yubikey: https://blog.jamesth...-and-u2f-login/

#2231 OFFLINE   wa4chq

wa4chq

Message Mogul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:07 AM

securitybreach, what font are you using?

Posted Image
REGISTERED LINUX USER #547579

#2232 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,171 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:13 AM

View Postwa4chq, on 25 January 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

securitybreach, what font are you using?

Hermit.

#2233 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:25 AM

View Postsecuritybreach, on 24 January 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

BTW if you noticed on the top right on the screenshot where it says

[sudo] password for comhack:
Please touch the device.

I have 2 factor authentication for my sudo password using a yubikey. Basically you plug the yubikey into a usb port and when you touch it. the key generates a one time password as a 2nd form of authentication. If you lose the key, you have to jump through some major hoops to get Yubikey to give you access to a reset code and even then, the key will not be any good. I use it for a few different things and it is nice and flat so you can just leave it in your wallet so its always handy..  

A buddy of mine made this tutorial walking you through setting up Archlinux with a u2f device like the Yubikey: https://blog.jamesth...-and-u2f-login/

Thanks for the linky. Is your Yubikey just a U2F  one ? :breakfast:
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#2234 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,171 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:59 AM

View Postabarbarian, on 27 January 2017 - 06:25 AM, said:

All of the Yubi keys are U2F along with other types: https://www.yubico.c...bikey-hardware/.

I have the Yubikey 4 and that one does not include NFC but I figured that it would be even more secure without NFC enabled anyway.

#2235 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:39 AM

View Postsecuritybreach, on 27 January 2017 - 06:59 AM, said:

View Postabarbarian, on 27 January 2017 - 06:25 AM, said:

All of the Yubi keys are U2F along with other types: https://www.yubico.c...bikey-hardware/.

I have the Yubikey 4 and that one does not include NFC but I figured that it would be even more secure without NFC enabled anyway.

Ah right I thought you would have the more versatile version. They are bringing out a USB-C version next month. If I have any spare cash I might buy a couple along with a adapter for when I travel.
Have you seen this rival

https://www.kickstar...ord/description

They could do with a case but otherwise it seems a neat alternative. :breakfast:
Install ARCH

#2236 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,171 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:46 AM

Neat but they have already been funded and are available on amazon: https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B01KUJ2ASA/

#2237 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,171 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

I may end up buying the new USB-C Yubikey as well when it comes out. I have been using my Yubikey 4 for over a year and I absolutely love it. Even moreso now that I have it set as 2 factor authentication for my main computer.

#2238 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:25 AM

View Postsecuritybreach, on 27 January 2017 - 08:46 AM, said:

Neat but they have already been funded and are available on amazon: https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B01KUJ2ASA/

Yeah I realised that was wondering what you though of the item. :fish:

So if you buy the USB-C will you be able to copy over all the info from your present key so you have two keys set up the same ? :breakfast:
Install ARCH

#2239 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,171 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

View Postabarbarian, on 27 January 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

So if you buy the USB-C will you be able to copy over all the info from your present key so you have two keys set up the same ? :breakfast:

No, you cannot copy anything from the yubikey. I would just have to set up a new one.

#2240 OFFLINE   atiustira

atiustira

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:41 PM

Ubuntu 16.04 LTSPosted Image

#2241 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,171 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:38 AM

View Postatiustira, on 28 January 2017 - 11:41 PM, said:

Ubuntu 16.04 LTSPosted Image

Nice :thumbsup:

#2242 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:08 PM

Posted Image

MX-16 torrent placed on usb from MX-15 then used MX-16 live to install. Piece of cake an I still have MX-15 on the ssd just in case. :clap:
Install ARCH

#2243 OFFLINE   sunrat

sunrat

Thread Kahuna

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:37 PM

I like mine better than the default. Sunrise photo I took at Ninh Phuoc beach, Vietnam a few years ago.

Posted Image
registered Linux user number 324659  || The importance of Reading The *Fine* Manual! :D

#2244 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:27 PM

Yer a very lucky chap to have taken that picture which is very nice by the way. :breakfast:
Install ARCH

#2245 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,171 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

They look great guys! :thumbup:

#2246 OFFLINE   sunrat

sunrat

Thread Kahuna

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:15 PM

I posted that on MX forum. Someone suggested it as a candidate for MX-17 default wallpaper! :)

#2247 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:09 AM

View Postsunrat, on 01 February 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

I posted that on MX forum. Someone suggested it as a candidate for MX-17 default wallpaper! :)

Bask in the limelight while it lasts :clap:
Install ARCH

#2248 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:45 AM

Posted Image

MX-16 Xfce-dusk style with Tango icons on an old 17" monitor. Posted Image
Install ARCH

#2249 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,171 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:55 AM

Nice :thumbsup:

#2250 OFFLINE   Dr. J

Dr. J

Message Mogul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:33 AM

For those of us who like dark themes...

Posted Image

Posted Image
/usr/bin/drinking
~/hungover