Photo

distrowatch poll -- dual booting versus virtual machines

Today, 12:29 AM

Posted by saturnian in Bruno's All Things Linux
When I saw this week's poll at DistroWatch, I immediately thought of some of the discussions here. I put in a vote for "I dual boot," but now I'm not so sure what they were really asking with that poll question. I run only Linux, and I have some dual- or multi-boot setups.

Seems that there are far too many times when I pass on voting in those polls because either the questions are poorly worded or there's no voting option that seems to fit my situation.

Anyway, here's a link: https://www.distrowa...ue=current#poll

Some interesting posts in the comments section there, too.

27 Views · 1 Replies ( Last reply by securitybreach )

Photo

bunsenlabs helium rc1

Yesterday, 10:06 AM

Posted by saturnian in Bruno's All Things Linux
Getting close to a final release, but it's taken a long time: https://forums.bunse...pic.php?id=4746

62 Views · 2 Replies ( Last reply by saturnian )

Photo

Spring Cleaning

19 Apr 2018

Posted by raymac46 in Hardware
Although spring has been slow in coming in my part of Canada this year, I decided to do some spring cleaning anyway.
I replaced a creaky old Antec case fan in my Acer Veriton M desktop. This desktop is a Sandy Bridge-based i5 model from 2012. It originally came with only a CPU fan on the heatsink, but since I have added a more robust power supply, a video card, and an SSD,  I thought it was a good idea to have some additional cooling. Now I have a new Arctic F9 PWM fan handling that.
I finished up by using my computer cleaner blower to get all the dust out of the case.
The system is running cool and quiet right now. With its upgrades, It is still a great system for my train sims and my wife's web surfing. It was quite a nice commercial grade desktop when new, and I've kept it current with the SSD and video card additions. Although it is now nearly six years old it is chugging along. I suppose I could use some USB 3.0 and PCI based SSD storage but I can cope without them for now.

Posted Image

105 Views · 0 Replies

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

0 members, 69 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Bing, Google

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS